Master of Arts in Teaching
Teaching is an exciting and rewarding profession and teachers need to be well-prepared for the challenges of today’s classrooms. Westminster’s Master of Arts in Teaching degree provides that preparation in a high-quality, rigorous, and stream-lined program.
The Master of Arts in Teaching degree is ideal for those who have completed a bachelor’s degree and want to teach at the Kindergarten to 12th grade levels.
Why earn an MAT?
- An MAT prepares you with skills and knowledge to meet the challenges of today's classrooms
- An MAT enables you to practice skills under the supervision of mentor teachers and university faculty
- Start teaching at higher pay: starting salaries for teachers with a Master's Degree in Salt Lake City -area districts are about $ 4,000 higher than for teachers with a bachelor's degree.
Why Westminster's MAT?
- An integrated, stream-lined program that can be completed in three semesters
- A competitive price, including tuition, and a travel seminar
- Early and frequent hands-on experience in public school classrooms prior to student teaching
- Supervision by Westminster faculty members
- High placement rate for our graduates
- Small class sizes and active teaching methods
- Unique approach using student's Funds of Knowledge
- Travel seminar that enhances teaching in multiple ways. Travel destination is determined the semester prior to travel and has included Mexico, Nicaragua, and the Navajo Nation.
- Selected as Program of the Year for 2007 by the Utah Association of Teacher Educators
MAT program overview
Already have a license? Check out our Master of Education degree with endorsements and National Board Certification preparation
Click here to sign up for on-campus events