JOB DESCRIPTION (SUMMARY STATEMENT OF THE JOB)
The Marketing Communications Office produces an extensive variety and large volume of print projects yearly, everything from posters, postcards, and banners to 64-page alumni magazines. The assistant to the editor position supports the editor in all aspects of the job. This is a unique opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate student to gain practical experience: learn to write and edit copy under tight deadlines, help balance large workloads, write feature stories for the alumni magazine, and become proficient in using The Chicago Manual of Style.
1. Job Responsibilities
• Provide support for the editor.
• Work closely with the editor, in-house graphic artist, external graphic artists, and internal clients (departments requesting materials).
• Follow editor’s direction in creating, revising, and following up with a wide range of internal clients.
• Maintain, manage, and organize electronic files
• Communicate clearly with multiple clients and Marketing Communications Office staff.
• Check project deadlines to determine priority.
• Become proficient in using The Chicago Manual of Style.
2. Qualifications Required/Preferred
• Experience with Windows-based software, particularly MS Word required.
• Experience writing and editing required
• InCopy (InDesign) editing experience preferred.
• Ability to work comfortably in a high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Individual who is curious, confident, and very detail-oriented.
• Strong customer-service and communication skills.
To apply for this position please submit your resume to Robin Boon at email@example.com