The First Generation Network is a new program designed to support historically underrepresented students at Westminster College including First Generation College Students, Students of Color and LGBT students. The program is designed to support students in their first year of college through social activities, culturally relevant events and programs as well as one on one interactions with historically underrepresented students who have completed their first year at Westminster. The First Generation Network Coordinator, will manage the logistical and organizational duties of the First Generation Network program under the supervision of the Director for Diversity Student Affairs & Services. The duration of the program is approximately eight months (August 2014- April 2015).
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and assets of first generation college students, students of color and LGBT students.
2. Engage program participants to attend monthly Diversity Center events and programs.
3. Coordinate one on one interaction between peers.
4. Manage a budget to host events.
5. Review Report Forms and coordinate work to implement better strategies to address the specific needs of first year students in the program.
6. Foster working relationships with other student engagement programs like the Resident Hall Association and Student Activities Commission, for example.
7. Light office work at the Diversity & International Center.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Please submit resume directly to email@example.com or call 801.832.2826 with inquiries.