The three-story, 84,500-square-foot facility houses a swimming pool, full complement of fitness equipment, weight room, exercise studio, and technically challenging, 46-foot climbing wall. Above a field house that holds 1,200 spectators is a suspended running track with a high-tech surface and corner windows with views. The field house includes locker rooms, team meeting rooms, and ample equipment storage space for our popular Griffin teams' intramural and intercollegiate sports, including men's and women's basketball and our history-making women's volleyball team who won the Frontier Conference Championship and finished 5th in NAIA Region 1.
The third floor of the facility contains the Center for Nursing Education, the new home to the School of Nursing and Health Sciences. In addition to standard nursing school facilities, the center contains two technology-rich labs and a human simulator lab with life-like Laerdal SimBaby and SimMan, known as "high-fidelity, universal patient simulators." The simulators help students learn under real-world conditions, but within a learning environment.
Accessible Entrances: west, south
Accessible restrooms: all levels
Automatic doors: west, south
Elevator(s)/Lifts(s): one, accessible from south entrance. Elevator leads to the St. Westminster School of Nursing on the upper level.
- To gain access to the Dolores Dore Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center from the parking garage to either level of the center, use the phone located outside the south doors on level 1 to call the reception desk for entrance. A Key Fob Request can also be made at the reception desk (south entrance) or through the Disability Services Program in Carleson Hall. Requests will take about five business days. The Key Fob will grant access through the outer doors from the parking garage, then use the elevator to access the main level of the Dolores Dore Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center or call the reception desk on the phone next to the inner doors and the reception desk will open the inner doors to grant access to the lower level fitness area. If entering through the lower level, the reception attendant will ask for your name in order to do a manual check in.
- Reception and strength and cardio attendants are available to give tours of the facility and show members how to use the equipment.
- The Weight Room has a Life Fitness Cable Motion Machine that can perform over 80 different exercises, most from a wheelchair. Free weights, Life Fitness Selectorized equipment, cardio equipment, and the Sci Fit Pro 1000 (upper body cardio workout) are also available.
- The running track on the main level is accessible.
- The Aquatic Center (lower level) is equipped with a manual hydraulic chair lift to the hot tub and a water powered hydraulic chair lift to the pool.
- The Multi-Purpose Court is accessible.
- Locker Rooms contain accessible toilets, showers, and lockers.
- First floor family dressing room is accessible and private
Student ID cards
St. Mark’s-Westminster College
School of Nursing & Health Sciences
-Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)