Where Westminster Students Have Interned (2010-2013)
Arts & Sciences Internships
Registering for Internship Courses at Westminster
To register you must submit a packet of five (5) forms or documents to the career center by following the instructions below. Once the paperwork is complete, submit the documents to the Career Center and our staff will register your internship and submit your add card for you.
Reminder: Internships must be registered for credit prior to semester registration deadlines.
- Must be signed by your site (work) supervisor indicating an understanding of their responsibilities
(3) Your Resume
- Submit a copy of your resume (for tips on how to prepare your resume click here)
- Read carefully
- Print your name on the first page
- Sign and date as instructed on the last page
Why do an internship?
Employers Turned More Than Half of Interns Into Full-Time Hires
For students looking for a foot in the door of an employer, there’s more evidence that taking part in an internship could be the answer.
Employers responding to NACE’s 2011 Internship & Co-op Survey reported that 39.1 percent of their entry-level hires from the Class of 2010 came from their own internship programs. In addition, they reported converting, on average, nearly 58 percent of their interns into full-time hires.
- Spotlight for Career Services Professionals - April 27, 2011