Check this page for highlighted needs in the community.
See our newsletter for more opportunities.
Urban Arts Festival
- The Urban Arts Festival is a FREE community event organized by the Utah Arts Alliance.
- The festival is held at the Gateway Mall, Saturday, July 19 from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- For a list of volunteer positons and to sign up to volunteer, please visit their website.
- If you have any additonal questions, please contact Lesly Beck (contact form available on the website)
Muscular Dystrophy Association Summer Camp
- The summer camp is held at Camp Roger in Kamas, Utah.
- Volunteers are need August 9th-14th (camp ages 12-17) and August 14th-19th (camp ages 6-11).
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old and able to lift and care for people between the ages of 6-17,
- Counselors will help with daily activities such as: eating, bathing, dressing, and recreational activities.
- Please see their flyer for more information.
- To apply, fill out their volunteer interest form and email it to Kuulei Amado at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cottonwood High School Tutoring
- Tutoring in Math, English, History, Science, & Social Sciences.
- Volunteers are needed from 9AM - 3:30 PM.
- For more information and to volunteer, please contact Justeena Masina at email@example.com.
Promise South Salt Lake Neighborhood Centers
- Utah International School: located at 350 East Baird Circle
- 3:15 to 6:15 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- One to two times per week in any subject area working with 7-10th grades.
- To get started, contact Elizabeth Bunker at 801.520.7175 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Granite Park Junior High: located at 3031 South 200 East
- 2:45 to 5:15 p.m. Monday-Thursdays.
- Any subject area working with 7-9th grades.
- To get started, contact Adrienne Buhler at 801.633.5355 or email@example.com.
- Roosevelt Elementary: located at 3225 South 800 East
- 3:45 to 5:45 p.m. Monday-Thursdays.
- Help with general homework, reading, and club activities.
- To get started, contact Christie Gehrke at 801.828.8219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maliheh Free Clinic
- Maliheh Free Clinic is for those who have no insurance and cannot qualify for Medicare or Medicaid.
- Volunteer positions include: Nurses, EMT, CNA’s MA’s, phlebotomists, Spanish interpreters, Resource and Office.
- Two time shifts are available: The Morning shift is 8:45 – 12:30 and the afternoon shift is 12:45 – 4:30. Open Monday-Thursday.
- Contact Tammy Garfield, volunteer coordinator at 801-266-3700 option 2 or by email at email@example.com.
PAL Boxing Center/South Salt Lake
- Opportunity to be a tutor, mentor, or guest facilitatory.
- For more information about the volunteer positions please see this handout.
- If you would like to be a tutor or guest facilitator, please contact Dustin Permann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to be a mentor, please contact Sana Vakalhi at email@example.com.
Volunteer with Promise South Salt Lake
- Volunteer opportunities include mentoring, tutoring, reading club, soccer refereeing, chaperoning for fun field trips, help running sports activities, boxing coaching and other recreational activities.
- Commitment of 1-2 hours per week.
- Contact Domoina Voniarisoa at 801-466-3238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more volunteer opportunities see our current newsletter.
Last updated 5/7/2014