Check this page for highlighted needs in the community.
See our newsletter for more opportunities.
We are currently updating this site, please check back for volunteer opportunities.
Cottonwood High School Tutoring
- Tutoring in Math, English, History, Science, & Social Sciences.
- Volunteers are needed from 9AM - 3:30 PM.
- For more information and to volunteer, please contact Justeena Masina at email@example.com.
Promise South Salt Lake Neighborhood Centers
- Utah International School: located at 350 East Baird Circle
- 3:15 to 6:15 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- One to two times per week in any subject area working with 7-10th grades.
- To get started, contact Elizabeth Bunker at 801.520.7175 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Granite Park Junior High: located at 3031 South 200 East
- 2:45 to 5:15 p.m. Monday-Thursdays.
- Any subject area working with 7-9th grades.
- To get started, contact Adrienne Buhler at 801.633.5355 or email@example.com.
- Roosevelt Elementary: located at 3225 South 800 East
- 3:45 to 5:45 p.m. Monday-Thursdays.
- Help with general homework, reading, and club activities.
- To get started, contact Christie Gehrke at 801.828.8219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maliheh Free Clinic
- Maliheh Free Clinic is for those who have no insurance and cannot qualify for Medicare or Medicaid.
- Volunteer positions include: Nurses, EMT, CNA’s MA’s, phlebotomists, Spanish interpreters, Resource and Office.
- Two time shifts are available: The Morning shift is 8:45 – 12:30 and the afternoon shift is 12:45 – 4:30. Open Monday-Thursday.
- Contact Tammy Garfield, volunteer coordinator at 801-266-3700 option 2 or by email at email@example.com.
PAL Boxing Center/South Salt Lake
- Opportunity to be a tutor, mentor, or guest facilitatory.
- For more information about the volunteer positions please see this handout.
- If you would like to be a tutor or guest facilitator, please contact Dustin Permann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to be a mentor, please contact Sana Vakalhi at email@example.com.
Volunteer with Promise South Salt Lake
- Volunteer opportunities include mentoring, tutoring, reading club, soccer refereeing, chaperoning for fun field trips, help running sports activities, boxing coaching and other recreational activities.
- Commitment of 1-2 hours per week.
- Contact Domoina Voniarisoa at 801-466-3238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more volunteer opportunities see our current newsletter.
Last updated 5/7/2014