School of education highlights
In surveys of our graduates,
- 83% have gone on to earn additional degrees (30% of them at Westminster!)
- 74% have held leadership positions in their schools or school districts
- 31% have received local or national awards for their teaching
- 15% have published papers or presented at professional conferences
In surveys of Human Resources Directors in surrounding school districts, Westminster graduates are rated as
- Outstanding in Effective Teaching for All Students
- Outstanding in Professionalism
- Outstanding in Overall Preparation
- Outstanding in How Well They Perform Over Time
In your time at Westminster you’ll be sure to find
- Inspiring professors. You will find every member of your faculty approachable and willing to help you achieve your goals. Our small class sizes ensure that the faculty know each student well. The methods professors are exemplary teachers with many years of experience.
- Extensive and diverse field experiences. During the program, you are placed in a variety of school settings with veteran mentor teachers. And every placement is supported by our faculty who provide you constructive feedback on your practice lessons and observations. Our graduates are well-prepared for the diverse student bodies in today's schools.
- Portfolio. You will create a portfolio that documents your progress and augments your professional credentials.
- Highly successful job placement. Westminster education graduates are in demand in every surrounding school district!