Westminster's organic garden is a space for students to collectively grow healthy local produce. The small garden includes raised vegetable beds, compost bins, a gathering space, and a chicken coop. Student volunteers maintain the garden, and the produce is available each week at a campus farm stand.
Job Title: Campus Organic Garden Assistant Coordinator
Department: Environmental Center
Supervisor: Monica Ferreira
SUBMIT RESUME TO : Monica Ferreira Assistant Director Environmental Center email@example.com 801-832-3300
Campus Garden Assistant Coordinator will provide leadership and oversight to all things garden related. This employee is responsible for assisting the coordinator in managing and organizing work days, coordinating volunteers, checking the garden regularly, reporting any garden issues to the Garden Committee, overseeing the weekly campus farm stand, identifying and/or providing opportunities for students to learn about sustainable food production, tracking and documenting garden production, and other garden tasks as required.
1) Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
2) Qualifications Required/Preferred Successful candidates will have the following qualifications. . .
• Assist Garden Coordinator in Overseeing all garden operations
• Serve as a leader and garden information source for other students
• Represent the campus garden at events and/or meetings
• Recruit and coordinate garden volunteers • Serve on the Garden Committee
• Run the weekly farm stand • Track volunteer hours and produce production Working Relationships
• Under the direct supervision of the Environmental Center Assistant Director.
• Works closely with the Campus Garden Committee Working Conditions
• Must be comfortable working outside in various weather conditions.
• Travel is not required but funding may be available to attend conferences on sustainability and/or student leadership.
• Work schedule is flexible and hours vary by season.
A. Demonstrated commitment to sustainable food production
B. Excellent written and oral communication skills
C. Success working with peers and independently
D. Excellent organizational skills E. Basic garden knowledge and skills
Summer 2014 workdays every Monday from 5-7pm.
The Campus Organic Garden is located next to the Bicycle Collective, down the alley running west of 1200 East, directly across from the lower entrance to the Jewett parking garage.
For more information, or if you would like to be added to the weekly email list, please contact the Garden Coordinator Katy Dalrymple at firstname.lastname@example.org