Westminster IRB Guidelines
Individuals wishing to have a research proposal reviewed by the IRB should follow the Decision Tree to determine whether IRB approval is necessary, and if so, whether the activity requires expedited or full IRB review.
- If the research is a non-reviewed activity, no action is required.
- If the research qualifies for an exemption, submit one typed original of Form G to the chair of the IRB.
- If the research qualifies for an expedited review, submit a full proposal (including Forms A-F) to the chair of the IRB by email.
- If the research requires a full board review, submit a full proposal (including Forms A-F) by email.
- If you have questions about which category applies to your project, please contact the IRB chair.
Proposal deadlines are September 5, November 15, January 15, March 15, and May 15. Full board review will occur within ten working days of the deadline dates. Please submit your applications as Word or PDF files in an email to the IRB chair: Peter Ingle.
Form A: Research Proposal Format
Form B: Consent Form (Adults)
Form C: Short Consent Form (Adults)
Form D: Parent/Guardian Permission Form
Form E: Assent Form for Minors
Form F: IRB Approval Notification Form
Form G: Notification to IRB of Exempt Research Activities
All Forms (Forms A-G and Appendices) in one Word document
Appendix: Examples of Risk and Minimal Risk
Appendices: Charts 1 and 2 for Identifying Exempt Research
Questions should be directed to current chair of the IRB:
Peter Ingle (IRB Chair) 801-832-2481