Admission to the Masters in Mental Health Counseling Program
Admission to the program is based on an evaluation of demonstrated academic ability and potential for success in the counseling arena. Students enter the program at the beginning of fall semester only. To apply, candidates must submit the following materials to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed application for Graduate Admission with a $50 application fee.
- Evidence of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or a recognized international college or university.
- Official copies of transcripts sent by the registrar of each college or university attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional colleagues who can address the candidate’s academic and interpersonal skills relevant to practice as a professional counselor. Click here to download the recommendation form.
- A personal statement which addresses the candidate’s career goals, reasons for selecting Westminster College for graduate education, and practice/research interests.
- Scores on the Graduate Record Exam taken within the past 5 years.
- Proof of clear state and federal background checks at the time of admission.
- International students with baccalaureate degrees from countries other than the United States must present a TOEFL score of 600 or above.
- The first priority admissions application deadline date is January 31, 2014. All materials must be postmarked by that date. Applications may be submitted later but will be placed on a waiting list and reviewed only as spaces become available. Final application date is March 31, 2014.
Please contact Graduate Admissions at 801-832-2200 for more details.
Once an applicant’s file is complete, the application materials are evaluated by the MSMHC Admissions Committee. Once accepted into the program, the applicant must submit a $250 tuition deposit, which guarantees a place in the entering class.