Wilderness first responder recertification
Course dates: February 6-7, 2016
$260 for public
$245 for Westminster community
$225 for graduates of WMTC WFR through Westminster who are seeking recertification
Register and pay online. Registration deadline: Sunday, 11/1
This course is a Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Recertification through the Wilderness Medicine Training Center and is the Hybrid DLP format. We offer a Wilderness First Responder course every spring. WFR certifications truly are the industry standard for medical certifications for outdoor professionals, trip leaders, and guides. There is no academic credit option for this course.
Hybrid DLP Wilderness First Responder Recertification Course Description
WFR Recertification Schedule & Information
TO DO PRE-COURSE
- Send Tiana White your completed Course Registration and Agreement Form ASAP after registering.
- Send Tiana White a copy or photo of your current WFR Certification ASAP after registering.
- Complete Pre-Course Online Tests by midnight, Sunday January 31 (don't procrastinate - the tests are challenging!) Remember that the test are designed to help you learn. Don't be discouraged if you don't pass on the first try - few people do. Please contact Tiana White (801.832.2861) if you would like help with the tests. You'll need to check your e-mail from Paul Nicolazzo for the testing website and password to login.
- Read through the WFR Recertification Syllabus in detail & gather all pre-course materials.
- Read through the WMTC WFR Recertification course website, note that there are links to course resources, a list of what you need to bring to the practical sessions. You'll need to check your e-mail from Paul Nicolazzo for the passowrd to login to this website.
- Prepare the Case Study Assignment from the course website (above.) You'll find instructions on what to do and a link to the case study on the WMTC WFR Recertification course website. Bring your completed SOAP note on the case study to the practical session.
- Make your T-Shirt roll and bring it with you to the practical session. Watch the video on this page to see how it's done.
- Watch the required online videos on the WMTC WFR Recertification course website. Use the pulldown menus at the top of that page. All of the videos will be helpful, the ones with a "." in front of the titles are required.
DURING THE COURSE
- The Syllabus gives a great overview of the schedule during the course.
- That the course begins at 8am sharp each day - late arrivals may be subject to not passing the course.
- The course ends by 6pm each day, please plan accordingly - see next point about Saturday evening.
- On Saturday, there will be an evening Wilderness CPR session that will be from 6pm - 8pm. This session is included in the cost of the course.
- There will be homework on the evening of Saturday.