A private comprehensive liberal arts college in Salt Lake City, UT, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in liberal arts and professional programs. Website
Federal Work Study Information

Federal Work Study: How does it work?

Federal Work-Study is a federally funded program that provides job opportunities for students to earn money to elp pay for educational expenses. Westminster Employs hundreds of students each year in different areas. The Federal Work Study Program will provide you with valuable work experience as well as a paycheck.

What does the Federal Work Study amount on my award letter mean?

The total amount of your Federal Work-Study award lets you know how much you are eligible to earn during the school year. Keep in mind that this amount will not be subtracted from your tuition bill up front because you'll earn the funds by working and will receive a paycheck. If you have not been awarded any Federal Work Study, you can still have a job on campus, although some postions are available to students awarded Federal Work Study only.

How many hours a week may I work?

On-campus jobs offer part-time employment. Typically, this means students can work anywhere from 1 to 20 hours per week. The number of hours you are eligible to work depends on the individual needs of the department. Different positions also offer variable hours per week.

How do I find a job?

Orientation weekend includes a Student Employment Preparation Meeting as well as a Campus Job Fair. There is also an online job board on teh Student Employment Website at: www.westminstercollege.edu/apps/workstudy/

How do I get paid?

Westminster pays student employees every two weeks and offers two options for receiving your pay. You may either have your paycheck directly deposited into your personal checking or savings account, or you may choose to have your paychecks automatically applied to your student tuition bill account.

Where do I go if I have questions?

If you have questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (801) 832-2500 or toll free at (800) 784-4753.