Sugar House Community
Where can you find our students when they're not in class? The library, of course! But on the off chance that they're not hitting the books, students are probably enjoying many of the restaurants, shopping centers, parks and other cool hang-outs within a short distance of campus. Check out these links for more info about the Sugar House neighborhood.
- Sugar House Park--Show off your killer Frisbee moves while you wait for the BBQ.
- L'Avenue--A stuffy, yet tasty, French restaurant and the perfect spot to practice your accent.
- Bluekats--The favorite place to attain that good old Java High, and the only way you will survive that 8am class.
- Cinemark 10--Westminster students can be found in droves on Wacky Wednesdays when every movie is only $1!
- Soup Kitchen--Tasty home-cooked soup for those days when you really miss home, all at very palatable prices.
- King's English--Grab a book and curl up in one of the overstuffed chairs at the coolest bookstore in town.
- Sugar House Shopping District--Spend a day walking through these eclectic stores and visit with the street vendors.
- Emigration Canyon--Craving S'mores? No firewood? No worries, put those old love notes from the dreaded Ex to use.
Salt Lake City
The SLC music scene ranges from rock and emo to blues and punk, with a variety of clubs and coffeehouses featuring local artists. Comedy is always on tap with the Laughing Stock, Utah's longest-running improv group. And of course, there are lots of great restaurants and movie theatres.
Art and Culture
SLC is the home of the Utah Symphony, the Utah Opera, Ballet West, Repertory Dance Theatre, as well as museums and art galleries galore.
Annual events include Park City's famous Sundance Film Festival, the Greek Festival (the largest ethnic celebration in the state), Utah Arts Festival, Snowbird Rock & Blues Festival, Living Traditions Festival, and tons more.
You'll love the energy and excitement of Utah Jazz games. Other teams include; Real Salt Lake (soccer), Utah Blaze (arena football), Salt Lake Bees (Triple-A baseball), and the Utah Grizzlies (ice hockey).
Salt Lake City was recently named the "Fittest City in America" by Men's Fitness magazine, due in part to its abundance of parks and athletically active residents. Described by the mayor as an "increasingly walkable, bikeable city," SLC residents topped the list for participation in activities such as hiking, running, swimming, and yoga, among others.