As a student, you have access to download and install the full Microsoft Office suite on up to 5 devices. The suite includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Outlook, and InfoPath.
How to Install Microsoft Office 365
- Navigate to myWestminster > Email and log in
- On the top toolbar, select the square icon (on the left-hand side)
- Select Office 365
- Click Install Office
- Follow install instructions on screen
From this page, you may also see how many installations you have left, and deactivate any previous installations.
- This is a subscription service and is only available to students that are currently enrolled. Once you graduate or leave the college, your subscription will end, and you will no longer be able to access the software.
- If you install Office 365 on a multi-user computer, all users will have access to the software.
- If you currently have a full version (current or previous) of Microsoft Office, your previous software should not be affected by the installation or uninstallation of Office Pro Plus; they may run concurrently, although Office Pro Plus will become the default program.
- If you do not want to install the subscription version of Office and have a previous version (2007, 2010), you may still set Office up to Sync with your OneDrive account. You can do this on the software menu be selecting Desktop Setup on the sidebar.
Office online gives all Westminster students, staff, and faculty access to an online version of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Office Online allows you to use cloud storage, share documents, and have concurrent revisions from other contributors (similar to Google Docs).
Because Office Online is a web browser application, you can access it from most devices that have an internet connection. There is no need to save changes, as they are automatically saved in your OneDrive. You can also download a copy of your file in a traditional Microsoft Office format, as well as a PDF.
Although functionality is similar to the desktop versions of this software, not all features are available in Office Online.
Accessing Office Online
- Log into your Westminster email account.
- Select the grid from the top toolbar, and choose OneDrive. This is where all of your files will be stored.
- Select +new, and from this menu, you can select what type of file you would like to create.
- You can also select Word, Excel, PowerPoint or OneNote Online from the grid, and begin a new file directly. Your file will be stored in OneDrive.
Once you are in a document, you can select share on the top ribbon (next to your name). Here, you have 2 options:
- Links Giving Access (links that people may use to access the item)
- Direct Access (people or groups that have been given access to the item)