Our Commitment to an Inclusive Westminster is only realized through our specific actions and beliefs:
- We continue to live and embody our core values as they relate to diversity and inclusion and we recognize that the work of diversity and inclusion is an ethical imperative.
- We fully realize that engaging our students in diversity-focused curricula and co-curricular activities better prepares them to be leaders, thinkers, and global citizens.
- We strive to diversify our campus through proactive and intentional policies and strategies aimed at the recruitment and retention of students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- We engage our local and extended campus community in dialogue and shared experiences in a continuous process of learning with and from each other.
- We recognize that our pursuit of excellence depends on our ability to have individuals from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and philosophical outlooks.
- We are committed to building relationships among social identity groups and we strive to have productive dialogue and meaningful action across our differences while engaging in critical and rigorous analysis.
- We understand and embrace the educational benefits of diversity because different viewpoints and lived experiences enrich the learning experience. We also understand that power, privilege, subordination, and other forces of inequality play a role in shaping our individual and collective experiences and identities.
- We strive to build an equity-minded college where everyone feels welcomed.