Converse Hall

Transfer Admissions

Why Westminster

Transferring to the right school should be easy. You've worked hard to get where you are and we want to help you take on your next chapter with confidence.

Westminster's tight-knit community is designed to help you get the most out of your college experience. Throughout your time at Westminster, you'll have the support and guidance of dedicated faculty mentors, and internship and professional connections throughout the community. And with an average class size of 17, your professors won't just know you by name, they'll know what drives you.


student-to-faculty ratio


four-year graduation rate in Utah


is the average annual salary our undergraduates earn within nine months of graduating.

Two Students Walking Outside on Campus


As a transfer student, you're guaranteed scholarships every year you attend. Learn more about scholarships.

Household Income Below 100k

Tuition before scholarship and aid$34,000
Average award package with Griffin Scholarship$24,780

Household Income Above 100k

Tuition before scholarship and aid$34,000
Average award package$20,000

*The estimates above reflect costs based on the 2018–19 year for students who filed a FAFSA.

Income-Based Award

Westminster is committed to making its high-quality education accessible to Utah students, so our financial aid model includes income-based funding for Utah families with an adjusted gross income less than $100,000. This means that that qualifying Utah students will receive an additional income-based award to help cover the tuition costs of a Westminster education, giving them the opportunity to explore their passions in a close-knit, educational environment.

Learn More

How to Transfer

  1. Apply to Westminster online
  2. Call your personal admission counselor to discuss how your credits will transfer
  3. Apply for financial aid

Admission Counselors

Andrea Pischnotte
Education Programs

Manny Villalobos
Nursing and Business Programs

Josh Zellar
Arts and Sciences Programs

Group of Students Studying Inside

On-Campus Transfer Night

Transfer Student Night is your chance to visit the Westminster College campus and meet faculty, staff, and deans to learn more about the major you're interested in. You'll also learn more about about admissions, scholarships, financial aid, and campus life.

No upcoming events.

Frequently Asked Questions

The best thing you can do in order to find out what classes will transfer is to come in and meet with an Admissions Counselor. We are more than happy to do an unofficial evaluation of your transcripts. We'll even evaluate your transcripts before you apply to Westminster.

We're here to help you pick up where you left off so you can graduate on-time. Every student is teamed up with an academic advisor, so you can get registered for the right classes right away.

A maximum of 72 semester hours of credit completed with a grade of C- or better from two-year schools can be accepted for academic course work. A maximum of 88 credit hours transferred from all collegiate institutions (two-year and four-year) attended may be applied toward meeting the total number of hours required for graduation.

Westminster College will award transfer credit for course work that meets the following criteria

  • The transfer institution is regionally accredited
  • The course work is non-remedial and taken in general academic areas that are part of the Westminster curriculum
  • The credit awarded is for course work with grades of C- or better

Once you have completed an application to the college and have been accepted, our registrars office will do a thorough evaluation of all of your college transcripts and give you a course by course breakdown of what credits we accept.

We will then have you meet with an academic advisor who will help you figure out what classes you need to take.

We do not have an application deadline. However, in order to get the classes you want, and to have a financial aid package put together we recommend applying at least two months prior to the start of the semester you want to enroll.