Application Process for Prospective Students
Our office is happy to answer any questions that may come up while you're applying. Please call us at 801.832.2500. However, we can't give you any specific answers regarding your financial award eligibility until we know more about you.
- Apply for Admission: Fill out and complete an admissions application. For undergraduate students there is no separate form for scholarships; we review all students for scholarship eligibility.
- Apply for Financial Aid: Fill out and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). (Westminster Federal Code: 003681) The FAFSA will be used to consider a student for federal, state, and institutional grants, work study, and loan programs.
- The Waiting Game: You should be notified of admission within one week after you submit a completed application. Your FAFSA is processed within approximately 2-3 weeks. Once both your FAFSA and admission applications are reviewed, you will receive a letter from our office notifying you of your financial aid package.
Financial Aid Timeline
- Complete the Net Price Calculator to learn about financing options early in your college selection process.
- Apply for admission and receive notice of Westminster College scholarship award.
- Begin independent scholarship search.
- Submit your FAFSA as early as October 1.
- Meet with a Westminster financial aid counselor for assistance with filing the FAFSA.
- Review your FAFSA results and financial aid package with a Westminster financial aid counselor.
- April 15: FAFSA priority filing deadline.
- Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling: complete it online or by appointment in the Financial Aid Office (Bamberger 204). Please contact the Financial Aid Office at 801.832.2500 to schedule an in-office meeting.
Financial Aid and Student Account Services Forms
Apply for Aid
FAFSA Additional Information Forms
When the Westminster College Financial Aid Office receives your FAFSA form, you may be asked for additional information. If there were inconsistencies in the information reported on your FAFSA, we may ask you for this additional information so we can correct your FAFSA. You may also have been selected for a process called verification. Verification requires the completion of a verification worksheet and the submission of tax information. Once you have sent the necessary documents to the Financial Aid Office, you can expect to receive a notification that your FAFSA has been revised. If your financial aid award changes you can also expect to receive a revised award letter within 14 days.
View Forms for 2018–19