International internships are a great way to gain job experience, professional skills training, and learn valuable intercultural communication skills. The following options are available to Westminster undergraduates.
Summer International Internships
Westminster is partnering with IES Internships to offer full-time internship placements for the Summer 2018. Students who are interested in applying for an internship will work collaboratively with the Office for Global Engagement, the Career Center, and IES.
Study Abroad + Internships
Students also have the option to complete a semester abroad program during Fall or Spring semester and an internship to that experience. See of the Office for Global Engagement for more information on available options.
Westminster students who have a contact overseas can work directly with the Career Center to arrange an international internship and earn Westminster credit. It’s important to arrange everything in advance of the internship, as credit can never be awarded retroactively.
Engaging the World
Westminster students who successfully complete an international internship that has been approved in advance by the Office for Global Engagement and the Career Center can use that experience to fulfill the Engaging the World graduation requirement. The internship class must be for a minimum of 3 credit hours, and the student must earn a grade of C- or better for the class.
Engaging the World – International Internship Stipend
The Office for Global Engagement is offering two $2500 stipends to Westminster students who complete an international internship during summer 2018.
Application deadline: February 16, 2018
- Current matriculated undergraduate Westminster College student in good standing with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- Rising junior or rising senior with at least 12 credit hours remaining at Westminster.
- Applying or accepted to an international internship approved by the Office for Global Engagement for Summer 2017.
- Participant must earn at least 3 internship credits for the program.
- Transfer students must have completed at least 12 credits at Westminster College prior to submitting an application.