Students Agree To
- Review, accept, and submit the Four
Year Graduation Guarantee and to formally declare a major no later than
the end of the second semester of my first year. If I'm majoring in
pre-nursing or aviation flight operations, I will declare before my
first semester at Westminster.
- Meet with my academic advisor at least once every semester to review my academic plan and degree progress.
- Register for classes on the first day I'm able and select courses consistent with my degree plan.
- Note that this means students must resolve any issues resolved any issues preventing registration (financial or other holds).
- Notify my advisor immediately if I am unable to register for the classes I need.
- Complete at least 31 credit hours each year, pass my classes, and remain in good academic standing.
- Coursework accepted by Westminster College may be considered
as part of the "minimum hours needed per academic year," upon on-going
approval (i.e. AP, IB, concurrent, transfer credit).
all requirements of my major program, including separate admission to
the nursing, education, music, or bachelor of fine arts program. I
understand that this includes completing all pre-requisites on time and
attending summer if necessary. Participation in the four-year graduation
guarantee program does not guarantee admission to these programs. (If
you are not accepted into one of the programs with separate admissions
requirements and re-declare a major that is possible to complete within
your Four Year Guarantee time period, you may still qualify for
- Apply for graduation at the beginning of my senior year.
on track by passing all courses with the required grades, maintaining
satisfactory academic progress, including the GPA required by the
college and your declared major, and remaining in good standing with the
- Comply with all administrative, conduct, and academic policies and procedures.
Westminster College Agrees To
- Provide a four-year academic plan for your primary major.
- Provide access to an academic advisor in your major.
- Provide degree audits to show your academic progress and degree requirements.
I meet all of the obligations of the Four Year Graduation Guarantee and
still cannot graduate in four years due to the unavailability of
necessary courses for my primary major, Westminster College will allow
me to take the course(s) required to complete my degree within the fifth
year, at $0 tuition cost to me.
Note that if you
are planning two majors, it is possible to graduate in four years but
you will need to work with your advisor on your academic plan.
form must be completed, signed by the student, and submitted to the
START Center no later than the Friday of the first full week of classes
in the semester.
don't have the necessary math or English placements to enroll in major
program requirements or pre-requisites when entering the College may not
be eligible for the guarantee program, unless they take the needed
classes to catch up during the summer semester prior to beginning their
Westminster College encourages
students to explore opportunities for study abroad, but it is important
to note that not all study abroad programs provide the appropriate
course work needed to satisfy this guarantee. If you are interested in
spending a semester abroad, please work closely with your academic
advisor as well as the Registrar's Office.
must be willing to take courses at any regularly scheduled class times,
acknowledging that these may not always be your first choice of courses
or class times. Special scheduling accommodations cannot be made for
work or co-curricular activities, including athletics.