Coronavirus Update from Campus Safety
March 17, 2020
The college is taking several steps to follow new CDC guidelines to not hold events of more than 50 people for the next eight weeks. The White House also issued a plea to avoid social gatherings of more than ten people to curb the spread of coronavirus. For the health of our community, Westminster College is taking the following action:
- All college events are canceled through the end of the semester.
- The Bassis Center/Griff’s Roost coffee will close.
- Shaw Café remains open for to-go items only with limited hours. Dine-in seating is closed per Salt Lake County shutdown of all dine-in services. Please check the website for hours of operation.
- Eccles HWAC fitness facility will close until further notice.
- Giovale Library remains open to only students, faculty, and staff. Hours may vary based on cleaning needs and staffing and will be updated on the library webpage.
- Tuition deposit and housing deadlines for new undergraduate students are extended to June 1.
- In addition to expanded cleaning of campus facilities, we ask those on campus to keep areas they use clean.
These changes will undoubtedly have numerous effects on our community. College leaders are developing guidance specific to individual and group needs and will communicate next steps. Frequent updates are being made to the coronavirus resources webpage.
Get Emergency Updates
Verify that your contact information is up-to-date by checking your user profile in Self-Service.
Prepare for an Emergency
Get preparedness information and resources specific to Westminster College to be ready for an emergency situation.