COVID-19 Update: Flexible Start Continuing through January 28
January 14, 2022
Thank you to everyone for their continued flexibility during the start of Westminster’s spring semester. The majority of our residential students have moved in, and classes are being held in person, online, and a combination of both, depending on the needs of students and faculty. At the same time, increased numbers of breakthrough cases are happening in our community, in Utah, and throughout the country due to the Omicron surge. Our campus safety measures, including mandatory testing prior to residential student move-in, masking in indoor shared spaces, and a robust isolation and quarantine process, are helping to keep our case numbers lower than the surrounding communities and prevent further spread.
In-person attendance for designated courses will resume Monday, January 31. Campus events, including athletic competitions, will return to COVID-19 guidelines in effect before the Omicron surge, which includes the requirement of spectators wearing face masks when not actively eating or drinking. Supervisors should continue to be flexible with staff as needed while maintaining operations. The college will continually monitor community transmission rates and adjust campus safety measures as needed.
Here’s what we all need to do:
- Get a booster shot.
- Get tested before returning to campus. Residential students will be required to show a negative test before moving in. Instructions will be provided from Residence Life.
- Keep wearing masks indoors.
- Upgrade your mask to KN95, N95, or make sure your cloth mask is multi-layered with an insert. Masks are free and available for all faculty, staff, and graduate or undergraduate students in front of the Dean of Students Office and in HWAC.
- If you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please stay home and follow the college’s COVID-19 protocols.
- Report an exposure or diagnosis.
Visit Westminster’s Coronavirus Resources page for detailed campus safety, testing, case counts, and vaccine information.
Get Emergency Updates
Verify that your contact information is up-to-date by checking your user profile in Self-Service.
Prepare for an Emergency
Get preparedness information and resources specific to Westminster College to be ready for an emergency situation.