Coyote Observed on Campus
January 25, 2022
A coyote was observed in Sugar House by Allen Park and on campus January 22 and 23. The campus community should take the following precautions:
- Do not approach a coyote.
- Do not feed a coyote or any other animals.
- Keep pets and service animals leashed at all times.
- Make sure all food waste is deposited directly into trash receptacles.
- Report any coyote sightings on campus to Campus Patrol (801.832.2525) for documentation.
Coyotes are common in Utah's wild and urban habitats. They eat small mammals and are not usually dangerous to people. Visit Wild Aware Utah for more coyote information and safety.
Get Emergency Updates
Verify that your contact information is up-to-date by checking your user profile in Self-Service.
Prepare for an Emergency
Get preparedness information and resources specific to Westminster College to be ready for an emergency situation.