Mask Policy Adjustment
February 18, 2022
Westminster is anticipating a change in mask policy for some spaces and circumstances beginning February 21. These adjustments primarily impact residential halls, small events with food, and eating or drinking indoors except for classrooms. Our community has been diligent in efforts to mitigate spread of the coronavirus, our campus is highly vaccinated, and infection rates are declining in the greater community. Right now, current mask mandates continue.
The following masking adjustments are planned for Monday, February 21. Mask policies will be addressed again after spring break.
- Masks are optional in residential hall shared spaces. Masks remain required for visitors and those not fully vaccinated.
- Masks are required in all other indoor shared spaces, including classrooms.
- No eating or drinking in classrooms.
- Masks may be briefly removed to eat and drink in shared indoor spaces like the library.
- Masks are optional for outdoor events.
Visit Student Health Services webpage for testing instructions. Effective Monday, February 21, Student Health Services will be offering COVID-19 testing at the east side door of HWAC, adjacent to the Special Events Room. Please call ahead to Student Health Services with any questions. Visit Westminster’s coronavirus resource page for detailed campus safety, testing, case counts, and vaccine information.
Get Emergency Updates
Verify that your contact information is up-to-date by checking your user profile in Self-Service.
Prepare for an Emergency
Get preparedness information and resources specific to Westminster College to be ready for an emergency situation.