Student COVID-19 Testing Requirements
August 7, 2020
This email has important new updates about required COVID-19 testing for moving onto campus.
All residential students must complete a COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2), Antigen FIA test, or PCR test 96 hours prior to moving into the residence halls. This 96-hour window is more realistic than the previous 72-hour requirement. You must upload your test results to the COVID-19 test form found. You will not be able to move in or receive keys without completing the form and submitting your results.
Testing sites are available across the country at community-based testing sites (many free of charge). You may also ask your primary care physician. You may need to tell them that you are required to be tested by your college. We recognize that it may not be possible for all students to get a test in advance.
For those traveling from out of state or from outside the Salt Lake area who are unable to get a test prior to arriving, you may schedule a test at Student Health Services. Student Health Services will have a limited number of appointments available on your arrival day.
If you are currently living in the Salt Lake area and cannot get a test at an off-campus location, please schedule a time to visit Student Health Services prior to August 14.
Testing at Student Health Services
To schedule a test on campus, please call Student Health Services at 801.832.2241 or 801.832.2239. Make sure to leave your name and phone number. You will receive a call back to schedule your appointment. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org, but phone call scheduling is preferred.
The test itself will take approximately 20 minutes. You must complete the following steps before you arrive at Student Health Services for your testing appointment:
- Print out forms and complete them before coming to campus for your test.
- Create a barcode with your student ID number. Print out and attach it to your COVID Form in the box that says "attach barcode here."
Keep in mind: After you get tested you must practice quarantine like behaviors: stay home, avoid public places, when leaving home for essential duties keep physical distance (6 feet away from people) and wear a mask.
Testing at locations in Utah
Visit Utah’s coronavirus webpage to find testing locations throughout the state. You may need to tell them that you are in required by your college to get tested. For your convenience, here is a list of locations testing without symptoms:
- First Med Urgent has 5 locations in Utah. Use their location finder to find one near you.
- Walgreens in Taylorsville at 4668 S. Redwood Road—call 801.967.4942.
- Sugar House Health Center, 1280 East Stringham Ave., Salt Lake City. Testing hours are Monday–Friday from 7 a.m.–1:30 p.m. and weekends and holidays from 8 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Call 801.587.0712 or call toll free at 844.747.9325. University of Utah’s Sugar House location suggests early morning arrival to avoid anticipated long lines of students.
Get Emergency Updates
Verify that your contact information is up-to-date by checking your user profile in Self-Service.
Prepare for an Emergency
Get preparedness information and resources specific to Westminster College to be ready for an emergency situation.