Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Giovale Library is open with limited hours.
Beginning June 6, those who are fully vaccinated may chose not to wear a mask indoors on campus. See the campus policy on face coverings for more information.
Questions regarding the library and COVID-19 can be emailed to the Giovale Library Director, Emily Swanson (email@example.com).
Changes to the Building
- The library capacity is limited to 112 patrons at any given time to ensure proper social distancing. Library personnel will track patron count.
- Furniture has been arranged to permit a safe distance between patrons. Do not move the furniture.
The library is taking precautions to maintain the safety of its patrons. In addition to the regular cleaning conducted by the campus housekeeping staff, sanitation stations will be available throughout the library for patrons to clean their areas prior to using the space. Patrons are highly encouraged to clean their areas and to take extra precautions when using the library. Patrons can expect the following sanitation efforts from the library:
- Hand sanitizer at the library entrance.
- A hand washing station on the main floor in the southwest corner. This station is not enclosed and permits patrons to wash their hands without touching doors. Hand washing is also available in each of the library bathrooms.
- Sanitation stations will be available on each floor of the library. Patrons are encouraged to use the supplies at the stations to clean their space before using it. Return the supplies after cleaning your area.
- Enhanced cleaning of high touch points such as doorknobs, printers, etc.
- A plexiglass barrier is placed at the circulation desk to ensure safety during Circulation transactions.
Circulating Material and Procedural Changes
- A self-checkout station is available at the circulation desk. Patrons will be directed to the self-checkout station for checking out books, DVDs, and course reserves.
- The library will not be accommodating guest use of the computers.
Librarians will continue to offer research assistance during COVID-19. Research help is available in the following forms:
- Virtual research help consultations can be conducted via Microsoft Teams. Contact a librarian to schedule a virtual consultation.
- Chat with the library staff for instant assistance Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Library staff are also available by phone or email. Give the library a call at 801.832.2250. Email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org and library personnel will get back to you as soon as possible.
- In-person research help is currently not available.
Additionally, the library provides subject-specific research guides as a good starting point for many research needs. New subjects are added as time permits. Additionally, the library’s YouTube channel has video tutorials on the following information:
- Griffin Search
- Course Reserves
Want to search in depth?
Search by instructor
Search Giovale Library for books, e-books, and DVDs