RN-to-BS in Nursing
School of Nursing and Health Sciences
As Few As 3 Semesters
The RN–BS in Nursing Program at Westminster College
Emerge a Confident Leader in the Healthcare World. Through the RN-to-BS program, you will expand on the associate-level nursing degree you already have, shaping yourself into a healthcare leader and opening the doors to many career opportunities. Westminster’s program focuses on individualized instruction, a custom plan of study, and real-world connections to set you up for a successful career. You will complete most of the program through an interactive, online format that fits your personal and professional schedule, only coming to campus during the last week of the program to present the projects you have completed.
Grounded in well-rounded liberal arts, Westminster's program is enriched by faculty who actively mentor, support, and share their own clinical experiences. You'll gain more than skills: you'll develop expertise in patient care technologies, healthcare policy, conflict resolution, creative problem-solving, and evidence-based practice. Program curriculum draws upon things happening in your workplace to encourage the development of knowledge that will help you make an impact right away.
Who the RN–BS in Nursing Program Is For
This program is carefully designed to give registered nurses everything they need to excel in a wide range of healthcare environments.
What Are the Key Benefits of the RN–BS in Nursing Program?
- Ability to work directly with a program coordinator to create a tailored study plan that works with your schedule
- Class sizes are limited to 11 students to maximize interaction
- One-on-one feedback and mentoring opportunities
- Dedicated professors who know your name, check up on your progress, and make themselves fully available to lend a hand or discuss a question
- A close-knit community that cultivates friendships, giving you connections that will help you advance your career
- Work with faculty and fellow students in online classes, on-campus seminars, coffee shops, and study groups
- Seminars offer a chance to showcase projects, learn together, and meet other professionals in the nursing community
- Volunteer opportunities at places such as local food pantries, rehabilitation centers, Head Start, Salt Lake County Aging, The Inn Between, the English Skills Learning Center, Catholic Community Service, after-school programs, and the juvenile justice system.
sample nursing courses
- NURS-380: Dimensions of Nursing
- NURS-450: Older Adults in the Community
- NURS-391: Nursing Theory ad Research
- NURS-470: Culture, Health, and Illness
Completion time: Start fall, spring, or summer and finish your degree in as few as 3 semesters. Or, you can take fewer classes each semester to leave more room for your existing work.
Sheryl Steadman, Ph.D
Dean of Nursing & Health Sciences
Diane Van Os, MS
Jon Worthen, MSN
Elizabeth Harald, Ph.D
"Westminster’s RN-to-BS program has been so valuable to my career as a registered nurse. I graduated with my bachelor’s degree in just three semesters and was accepted into graduate school. I could not be happier with the education I received at Westminster College."
RN–BS in Nursing Program Plan of Study
Westminster's curriculum prepares you to be a creative problem-solver with the ability to think critically and adapt to dynamic working environments. You will complete most of the program in an online, interactive format that fits your personal and professional schedule, only coming to campus during the last week of the program to present the projects you have completed.
liberal education courses
Any WCore requirements you have to fulfill can be completed online along with the requirements for the RN-to-BS in Nursing program. WCore is Westminster’s liberal education program that gives you the opportunity to expand your knowledge, exploring new subjects and ideas through unique, engaged, and challenging courses.
accreditation employers trust
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master’s degree program in nursing at Westminster College are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington DC 20001, (202)887-6791.
Nursing Career Opportunities
Westminster's program does everything possible to ensure that students graduate and move forward in their careers. Nurses graduating from Westminster are in high demand thanks to the critical thinking, professionalism, and work ethic you develop. Faculty leverage their experience and industry connections to help you find jobs that suit your interests and skill sets.
Westminster nurses are the first to be hired because employers know that our graduates have the skills and competencies to lead teams and organizations. Here's where recent graduates have gone:
- 9 students are in a nurse practitioner program
- 2 students in a nurse anesthesia program
- 1 student in a nurse educator program
- 1 student who has applied to medical school.
- 2 graduates working in management
- 2 graduates working in case management
- 1 graduate teaching in a regional LPN program
Tuition and Aid
There's No Better Investment Than You
Westminster College knows you want an education where you matter—a place that will serve as a launchpad for a successful career and a meaningful life. Westminster will work with you individually through every step of the financial aid process. From scholarships to grants and loans, Westminster helps you make it happen.
With the highest percentage of students who complete one or more internships in the state, Westminster students hit the ground running with real-world experience. Plus, 90% of students were either employed or attending graduate school within 5 months of graduating. With a Westminster degree, you don't have to choose between a successful career and a fulfilling life.
You’ll be automatically considered for scholarship and grant opportunities.
In addition to general merit scholarships, other scholarship programs are available to support you throughout your time at Westminster.Check Out Scholarships
Your tuition, fully paid
All students should have the ability to explore their passions. Westminster College is proud to cover the cost of tuition for qualifying students through the Westminster Commitment.