Admitted Transfer Students
Congratulations on being admitted to Westminster College! The following is a list of things to do to help make your transition to Westminster as smooth as possible.
1. Schedule a Virtual Meeting
Admitted students are invited to schedule a virtual meeting with admissions and financial aid counselors. You can get answers to any questions you may have about Westminster or the next steps you need to take.
Schedule a Virtual Meeting with an Admissions Counselor
Schedule a Virtual Meeting with a Financial Aid Counselor
2. Pay Your Tuition Deposit
Visit your admissions portal to secure your spot at Westminster with a tuition deposit. If you intend to live on campus, indicate that when you are submitting your deposit and a portion of your total will be counted as your housing deposit, allowing you to register for housing when housing registration begins. After you pay your tuition deposit, you will be ready to register for classes when that registration period begins. Deposits are due by May 1.
3. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
4. Register for Housing
If you are planning to live on campus, learn more about housing. Make sure to secure your spot in one of the residence halls early, as campus housing is in high demand. Application open date and deadline to be announced.
5. Register for Classes
After your deposit is received, you will be connected with your academic advisor to review your transfer evaluation and register for classes. Registration begins in November for spring semester and in April for fall semester.
6. Join the Admitted Student Community on Instagram
Follow the @WestminsterAdmissions Instagram page where you can ask all your questions about coming to school, meet other admitted Griffins, stay up do date on registration and new-student activities, and learn more about the Westminster community as a whole.
7. Register for and Attend Admitted Student Day (April 16–17, 2021)
Admitted Student Day is a 2-day virtual event designed to give you the chance to see why Westminster is the right fit for
you. Get answers to all of your questions as you learn about student life, clubs,
and events from current students. When registration is open, you'll see it in your admissions portal.
8. Attend New Student Orientation
Admitted for Fall 2020: August 17
During orientation, you will have the opportunity to talk to other students and faculty members and prepare for success at Westminster.
9. Move Into Your Residence Hall
There are no early move-ins unless you are in a preexisting early arrival group.
The Office of Residence Life will be housing residents at standard capacity for Fall 2021. Therefore, Westminster is taking several precautions to ensure the health of residential students:
- All students must prove their COVID-19 vaccination status before moving into campus housing. You will receive a form for this in early August.
- Unvaccinated residents must complete a COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Antigen FIA test or PCR test within 120 hours prior to arrival. You must upload your test results to the COVID-19 Test Form. You will not be able to move in or receive keys without completing the form and submitting your results.
- Unvaccinated residents must be routinely tested for COVID-19 throughout the semester. Student Health Services will perform testing.
- Students living on campus can expect housekeeping to continue to clean with CDC protocols in mind.
- Quarantine housing space will be available on campus for residents who do contract COVID-19.
- Westminster’s guest policy for Fall Semester is limited to Westminster community members only. The college hopes to be able to lift all guest restrictions by Spring Semester within CDC protocols.
10. Attend Classes
Fall 2021 Classes Begin: August 18
Spring 2022 Classes Begin: January 10