Admitted Transfer Students
Congratulations on being admitted to Westminster College! The following is a list of things to do to help make your transition to Westminster as smooth as possible.
1. Schedule a Virtual Meeting
Admitted students are invited to schedule a virtual meeting with admissions and financial aid counselors. You can get answers to any questions you may have about Westminster or the next steps you need to take.
Schedule a Virtual Meeting with an Admissions Counselor
Schedule a Virtual Meeting with a Financial Aid Counselor
2. Pay Your Tuition Deposit
Visit your admissions portal to secure your spot at Westminster with a tuition deposit. If you intend to live on campus, indicate that when you are submitting your deposit and a portion of your total will be counted as your housing deposit, allowing you to register for housing when housing registration begins. After you pay your tuition deposit, you will be ready to register for classes when that registration period begins. Deposits are due by May 1.
3. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
4. Register for Housing
If you are planning to live on campus, learn more about housing. Make sure to secure your spot in one of the residence halls early, as campus housing is in high demand. Application open date and deadline to be announced.
5. Register for Classes
After your deposit is received, you will be connected with your academic advisor to review your transfer evaluation and register for classes. Registration begins in November for spring semester and in April for fall semester.
6. Join the Admitted Student Community on Instagram
Follow the @WestminsterAdmissions Instagram page where you can ask all your questions about coming to school, meet other admitted Griffins, stay up do date on registration and new-student activities, and learn more about the Westminster community as a whole.
7. Register for and Attend Admitted Student Day
Admitted Student Day is a 2-day virtual event designed to give you the chance to see why Westminster is the right fit for
you. Get answers to all of your questions as you learn about student life, clubs,
and events from current students. When registration is open, you'll see it in your admissions portal.
8. Attend New Student Orientation
Admitted for Fall 2020: August 17
During orientation, you will have the opportunity to talk to other students and faculty members and prepare for success at Westminster.
9. Move Into Your Residence Hall
There are no early move-ins unless you are in a preexisting early arrival group.
The Office of Residence Life is housing students at standard capacity. Westminster is taking several precautions to ensure the health of residential students:
- All residential students must comply with the college's vaccination policy.
- All residential students must test negative within a specified time period prior to move-in.
- All residents and visitors are required to adhere to current masking requirements.
- Students living on campus can expect housekeeping to continue to clean with CDC protocols in mind.
- Isolation housing space will be available on campus for residents who contract COVID-19.
10. Attend Classes
Fall 2021 Classes Begin: August 18
Spring 2022 Classes Begin: January 10