How to Apply

Westminster College accepts both Common App and the Westminster admissions application. You can apply using the option that is most convenient for you.

Submit Common App Submit Westminster Application

Important Dates

  • August 1: Common Application Opens
  • October 1: FAFSA Form Opens
  • December 1: Early Action Deadline

After Dec. 1, application and financial aid decisions are made on a rolling basis. If you complete your application after the early action deadline, you can expect to hear back from the Office of Admissions within 3 weeks.

  • February 1: Regular Decision Deadline
  • May 1: National College Decision Day and Priority Housing Registration Deadline
  • May 15: Housing Registration Final Deadline

Additional Instructions for Applying

Transferring to Westminster

You've worked hard to get where you are, and Westminster wants to help you take on your next chapter with confidence. Learn more about transferring to Westminster.

Transfer Student Application Requirements

Step 1

Submit an application through the Common App or the Westminster online application.

Step 2

Submit your official college transcripts online with your application, via email to, or mail them to the Office of Admissions.

If you have less than 60 college credits, additionally provide your high school transcripts.

How to Request Official Joint Services Transcripts

  1. Register for a JST account.
  2. Click on the “Transcripts” tab at the top of the page, then click the “Official Transcript Request” tab.
  3. Type in the institute name or any part of the name and click “search” or hit the enter key. Do not use any punctuation when typing the institute name.
  4. Verify delivery method. For Army and National Guard, transcripts can only be ordered and delivered online. For all other services there are two types of delivery methods:
    • Online—you can order as many transcripts as needed.
    • U.S. Postal Service Delivery—only 2 transcripts within 30 days can be delivered due to production and postage costs. Hard copies will be delivered on the next business day after transcripts are ordered.
  5. Acknowledge consent statement if the location is correct: you will need to click the box at the bottom of the page stating you have read and agree with the consent statement, then click “yes”.
  6. If the location is incorrect, click “no” at the bottom of the page and you will be returned to the list of campuses to allow you to select the correct location.
What if I can’t find my Institute/School/Verification Service in the list?

Make sure you have typed the name correctly and scroll through the list. If your institution or location is not in the list, you will need to fill out the Official Request Form listed under your service.

  • Army
  • Coast Guard
  • Marine Corps
  • Navy
  • Air Force: You may order an official free transcript from CCAF by logging into AFVEC.
    • Under Self Service click "CCAF View Progress Report"
    • In the "Transcripts" drop down click "Order a Transcript"
Where do I send my transcripts?

Submit your official college transcripts online with your application, via email to, or mail them to the Office of Admissions.

If you are interested in pursuing the Nursing program, you must be admitted to the program. The application process for the program varies based on if you are coming to Westminster from high school (direct entry) or as a transfer student. You should refer to instructions for applying to the program to understand the admittance process, including all requirements and materials needed from you.

Non-degree seeking students are students who are enrolled at the college but have not applied for, or been accepted into, a degree program; they plan to take courses for “interest only.”



We're here to help. Don't hesitate to contact us.

Office of Admissions

Equal Access

Westminster College administers all of its educational programs, related support services, and benefits in a manner that does not discriminate against students or prospective students with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, or a person’s status as a veteran.

The college is committed to providing equal access for people with disabilities in its programs, services, facilities, and activities. Call Student Disability Services at 801.832.2272 if you are seeking admission information in an alternative format or if you need other accommodations.