Key Benefits of Aviation at Westminster
Westminster College is a leader in aviation education, we prepare pilots to fly with confidence. Our liberal arts education combined with a unique, innovative flight curriculum sets Westminster apart from all other aviation programs in the nation.
- 300 average days of flyable weather
- 15 airplanes
- AABI accredited
- 88% of graduates employed within their planned career field
Our Flight Operations Center located at the Salt Lake International Airport provide students with a flying experience in highly structured class "B" airspace in one of our 14 airplanes.
Reduced Hours. Big Savings
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved Westminster to certify its graduates for a Restricted Airline Transport Pilot (R-ATP) certificate with reduced aeronautical hours from 1,500 to 1,000- saving thousands of dollars.
Pathway to Airlines
Our SkyWest Bridge partnership offer opportunities for students earning their professional pilot degrees to become SkyWest Airlines first officers.
Westminster's scenario-based flight training curriculum develops critical thinking and problem-solving skills employers want.
AABI (Aviation Acredditation Board International) Accredited
We are one of thirty elite colleges worldwide to earn accreditation by the Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI) that assures students receive a high-quality, professional education that is well-respected in the aviation industry.
Benefits of AABI
- Strengthen your resume and enhance your marketability
- Build parental confidence, we have top-notch training
- Designed by educators, industry and the FAA (AABI judges the quality of aviation education courses)
- Members of AABI are educators, customers, employees, regulators, manufacturers, research firms, and advocates. Ultimately, they are the people who teach and hire aspiring aviation industry professionals
Aviation Degree Programs
Choose between a major in Flight Operations preparing you to become a professional pilot, or Aviation Management integrating business and aviation classes to prepare you for the business of corporate, commercial, and general aviation.
Part 141 Programs
Benefits of Part 141
- High degree of professionalism
- Very structured flight training
- Fewer hours needed to complete ratings. 190 hours compared to 250 for Part 61.
- Cost savings in the thousands
Learn More About Part 141
We believe that you should know what it is really like to fly before making the investment in aviation flight training, which is why we offer free introductory flights to qualified applicants.
During your flight experience, you will participate in a flight lesson with one of our Certified Flight Instructors located at our operations center at the Salt Lake City International airport. Shortly after take-off, you'll take the airplane's flight controls! You will be able to practice climbs, turns, and descents, and discover how easy and enjoyable flying can be. While you are discovering your aviation career passion, don't forget to enjoy the scenery as you cruise over the beautiful Salt Lake Valley. You are welcome to bring a camera—matter of fact, we encourage it!
Sign Up for a Discovery Flight