Westminster welcomes students of any major to explore a new minor in entrepreneurship. Come learn innovative and meaningful ways to turn your passion into a business.
A new 24-credit-hour course consists of existing pre-reqs from marketing, accounting, and comm, and five newly designed
two-credit courses that are specific to entrepreneurship.
This minor is open to all students at
Westminster College and allows maximum
flexibility in scheduling. Through new
courses specific to the minor, students will
learn how to think as entrepreneurs; build
and develop a business model; create an
executive summary, business plan, and
promotional video; raise money and market
your startup, and other essential tools and
tips to turn your passion into a business.
Existing Courses (3-4 cred)
- ACCT 213: Accounting Principles (3)
- MKTG 300: Principles of Marketing (3)
- MKTG 303: Professional Selling (4)
- COMM 326: Intro to Web Design (4)
Courses Specific to Minor (2 cred)
- MGMT 310: The Entrepreneurial Mindset
- MGMT 311: Business Model Development
- MKTG 305: Entrepreneurial Marketing
- MGMT 411: Managing Growth
- FINC 410: Raising Money for New Businesses