Climate Change Panel with Westminster Professors
Nov 14, 2019 | 7:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
Westminster College will hold a panel discussion about climate change on Nov. 14, 2019 at 7 p.m. in the Bill and Vieve Gore School of Business auditorium. From public health to economics, faculty from a variety of fields will discuss climate change from their area of expertise. Maggie Regier, Associated Students of Westminster president, will moderate the panel. Topics and panelists include the following;
· “The Young People's Movement for Climate Justice,” Eliza Van Dyck, student and climate justice organizer
· “Climate Change and Our Watershed,” Bonnie Baxter-Clark, professor of biology and director of the Great Salt Lake Institute
· “Climate Change and Health,” Han Kim, professor of public health
· “High Impact, Low Probability Risks in an Uncertain Future,” Russ Costa, associate professor of neuroscience
· “Hopeful Futures,” Brent Olson, associate professor of environmental studies
· “What is to be Done,” John Watkins, professor of economics
The panel discussion is free and open to the public.