A private comprehensive liberal arts college in Salt Lake City, UT, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in liberal arts and professional programs. Website
More Aid Options


A grant is one form of financial aid that can be used to help pay for college expenses. The grants listed are awarded based on need as opposed to merit and do not need to be repaid. Financial need is calculated by subtracting a student's Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the student's Cost of Attendance.  Grants are available only to undergraduates working toward their first bachelor's degree. Students will automatically be considered for all grant programs listed below by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

  • Federal Pell Grant is a need-based grant whose eligibility is determined by the student's FAFSA form and the resulting Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and ranges from $605 to $5,645 for the 2013-14 academic year. 

  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG is a federally sponsored need-based grant. The Financial Aid Office determines eligibility for the SEOG and priority is given to students who received Federal Pell Grants. SEOG Awards range from $500 to $2,000 per academic year depending on student need and availability of funds.

  • Westminster College Grants are funds given based on financial need and range from $500 to $4,000 per academic year, and are not expected to be repaid.


To help finance an education, there are several different loan programs available for students with varying interest rates and loan terms. Taking out loans to pay for a Westminster education is an investment in your future that will pay for itself many, many times over.


Westminster College offers work opportunities that are designed to help off-set the cost of education while providing students with valuable work experience. Westminster's Federal Work-Study program is available to eligible students to work on-campus in various academic and administrative departments. Eligibility is determined by the student's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.

How many hours a week may I work?

On-campus jobs offer part-time employment and students may work anywhere from 1-20 hours per week. The number of hours you are eligible to work depends on how much you have been awarded from the Federal Work-Study program. You will be paid every two weeks, and you may apply your paycheck directly toward your tuition or have it deposited to a savings account.

How do I find a job? 

Orientation weekend includes a Student Employment Job Fair where you can find out what jobs are available and sign up for interviews. Job opportunities wil be posted on Westminster's website at www.westminstercollege.edu/apps/workstudy