The Gore Business School Power Lunches are events that allow students, alumni, and faculty members to come together to listen to business leaders and network with business professionals.
These events are held 3 times during fall and spring semesters.
There is no cost associated with the registration for these events thanks to a generous contribution by Wells Fargo.
Next Power Lunch
Crystal Call Maggelet is the CEO of FJ Management Inc., a diversified family business that includes wholly owned subsidiaries: Maverik, a 340 c-store chain and Big West Oil, a petroleum refinery. FJ Management also has a minority stake in Pilot Flying J. Other family businesses include TAB Bank, a community bank, and Crystal Inn, a small chain of hotels.
In addition to her current board role as Chairperson of the FJ Management’s Board, she is a director on the Pilot Flying J Board of Managers, a Director on the Savage Services Board, and serves on the Utah State Board of Regents, Liv Communities Board, Intermountain Healthcare Board, Salt Lake City-Utah Committee for the Games, and also the Zions Bank Advisory Board.
She is actively involved in managing the families charitable giving through the FJM Impact Fund which focuses mostly on education and scholarships. Crystal also co-chairs the Intermountain Healthcare Primary Promise Campaign and is a member of the Sundance Institute Utah Leadership Council.
Crystal holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, from Pepperdine University. She also completed her college education with a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School and has a Utah State Honorary Doctorate Degree in Business. In 2018, she was named the national E and Y Entrepreneur of the Year for Family Business.
Crystal loves her role as a mother to her four children ranging in age from 19 to 24. In her free time she enjoys spending time with family, and friends. Her favorite activities are running, skiing, and travel.
In the past, the following executives have addressed our graduate business students:
- Chris Anderson, Executive Chairman, HandStands Products
- Aurora Taylor-Rojas, VP of Engineering, L3 Communications
- Cindy Crane, CEO, Rocky Mountain Power
- David Bywater, CEO, Vivint.Solar
- Pat Jones, CEO, Women’s Leadership Institute
- Marc Harrison, MD, President and CEO, Intermountain Healthcare
- Craig Wagstaff, President, Dominion Questar
- Marc Capone, President and CEO, Myriad
- Bruce Pfau, PhD, Senior Partner, KPMG Human Capital Strategy and Culture Transformation
- Nigel Steward, Managing Director Operations, Rio Tinto Kennecott Copper & Diamonds
- Tiger Shaw, President and CEO, United States Ski and Snowboard Association
- Geralyn Dreyfous, Founder, Utah Film Center
- Dee O’Donnell, Regional President, Wells Fargo
- Tom Carmazzi, CEO at Tuthill Corporation
- Peter Metcalf, CEO at Black Diamond
- Crystal Maggelet, President & Chief Executive Officer at FJ Management
- Michael Pacanowsky, Gore-Giovale Chair in Business Innovation Management, Westminster College
- Randy Rasmussen, PhD—President and CEO, BioFire Diagnostics
- Derek Miller: President and CEO, World Trade Center Utah
- Stephane Leblanc: COO and Managing Director, Rio Tinto Kennecott
- Heather Deason Zynczak: Chief Marketing Officer, DOMO
- Gail Miller: Owner, Larry H. Miller Group of Companies
- Spencer P. Eccles: Executive Director, Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Dell Loy Hansen: Founder, CEO, and President, Wasatch Property Management, Owner of REAL Salt Lake
- Lane Beattie: President and CEO, Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce
- Doug Morton: Former CEO and current chairman of the board, The Sports Authority
- Michael Phillips: Co-founder and Principal Partner, Phillips Edison & Company
- Laura Kaiser: COO, Intermountain Healthcare
- Ron Jibson: Former President and CEO, Questar Corporation
- Preston Chiaro: Group Executive in Technology & Innovation, Rio Tinto Kennecott
- Crystal Maggelet: Chairman, President and CEO, FJ Management
- Jack Muller: Managing Director, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Utah Market
- David Hemink: CEO, Bard Access Systems
- Scott Beck: President, CHG Healthcare
- Mark DeYoung: President and CEO, ATK
- Susan Johnson: President, Futura Industries
- Bob Nilsen: President, Café Rio
- Dean Cottle: Sr. VP and Manager, Morgan Stanley Utah Operations
- Jeff Nelson: President, Nelson Laboratories
- Patrick Byrne: Chairman and CEO, Overstock.com
- Bill Manning: President, REAL Salt Lake
- David Lang: VP and Managing Director, Goldman Sachs Utah Operations
- Charles Sorenson: President and CEO, Intermountain Healthcare
- Nathan Rafferty: President, Ski Utah
- Rich Parkinson: CEO, Associated Food Stores, Inc.
- Jill Taylor: President, Key Bank Utah Operations
- Harris H. Simmons: Chairman, President and CEO, Zions Bancorporation
- Robert Gross, Founder and President of Robert C. Gross Associates
The MBA Power Lunch series is made possible by a generous donation from Wells Fargo.