The entire focus of the Westminster College Honors program is on our students. Everything that takes place during classes, lectures, research trips, and other events is designed to enhance the college experience of the motivated students that make up the Honors program. We encourage students to take an active part in Honors and therefore welcome student participation in any or all facets of the program. No matter what your interests or background, there is something for you in Honors.
Ways of participating in Honors include, among others:
- Honors program newsletter: editors, writers, photographers
- Student Honors Council: 4 officer positions, 2 of which sit on Honors Council
- Honors program work study: 5-7 paid positions attached to Honors
- Peer Mentoring Program: 20-25 positions to mentor incoming Honors students
- Honors Conventions: attendance at regional/national Honors meetings
- Honors writing awards: annual awards for papers written in Honors classes
- Scribendi: journal of the Western Honors region that publishes art, poetry, etc.
- NCHC Logo contest: annual contest for those with graphic design abilities
- Attendance at the many Honors-sponsored lectures, meeting, and other events
For further information, please use the links to the left.