HR Forms and Processes

ClassificationDefinitionRequired Form or ActionProcess
Full-Time FacultyFaculty on contract for a minimum of 24 hours (or equivalent) per academic year. Contracts are issued annually through the Provost office.Contact the Provost Office
Adjunct FacultyFaculty on a part-time contract, up to 20 hours per academic year. Contracts are issued each semester through the Provost office.Contact the Provost Office
Full-Time StaffEmployees in administrative and other support functions regularly scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week and at least 1560 hours per year.Staff Hiring Process
Part-Time StaffEmployees in administrative and other support functions regularly scheduled to work less than 30 hours per week, and employees with a varying work schedule that does not exceed 1560 hours per year.
  • Posting is optional, if needed use the Requisition Form
  • Personnel Action Form: used to make changes to an existing position
Staff Hiring Process
Temporary StaffEmployees with a schedule of limited duration, typically less than 6 months.Typically not posted: use the Personnel Action Form for new hires.Staff Hiring Process
Student Employees

Students currently enrolled in 6+ credit hours and working on-campus no more than 20 hours per week while classes are in session.

For additional information contact Career Services.

Student Employment Hiring Process
Independent ContractorsIndividuals who provides goods or services, not already delivered by a current employee, to Westminster College under terms specified in a contract.Independent Contractor Process

Westminster College is committed to encouraging ongoing growth and development of its staff.

This year the annual performance evaulation process will have more emphasis on feedback and open dialog. The evaluation process utilizes a Supervisor Feedback form and an Employee Feedback form. Corresponding job aids with tips and instructions for completing each form are also available.

Performance Evaluation Documents

All staff performance evaluations must be complete by the end of July. Please send a copy of all completed forms (both supervisor and employee) to Lori Ross so that the documents may be added to personnel files.

All employees of Westminster College are covered by worker’s compensation insurance in the event of a work-related injury or illness. Coverage includes:

  • Medical care for the injury/illness
  • Replacement income
  • Re-training costs
  • Compensation for any permanent injuries

Report a workplace injury or illness

  • Notify your supervisor immediately.
  • Seek appropriate medical attention. Make sure to inform the health care provider that this is a work-related injury/illness.
  • If your injury/illness is life-threatening, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency medical provider.
  • If your injury/illness is not life-threatening, go to:
  • Complete the Incident Report and submit the information to Human Resources as soon as possible. HR will submit the details to Worker’s Compensation Fund (WCF) for processing. Your claim number will be provided to you once WCF has been notified.
  • Ask your physician to immediately send all relevant information to WCF, referencing your claim number.
  • If there is going to be time needed away from work due to the injury or illness (other than for immediate medical care), communicate that information with your supervisor and HR. A written doctor’s release is required before an employee is allowed to return to work. FMLA can be provided to employees that are eligible.

Information will also be provided to the Director of Campus Safety for OSHA reporting.


pdf Staff Handbook (697 KB)