For this academic year we are focusing our staff development funds on local workshops and webinars so that we can support as many staff as possible, while also conserving college resources.
- September 15, 2017
- November 15, 2017
- February 15, 2018
- April 15, 2018
Full-time staff, working 30 hours or more per week, who have been employed with the college for 6 months or longer.
- Professional development opportunities like workshops, seminars, trainings, or other activities that would help you develop professionally in your field.
- Requests must explain how this activity will support you and the value you expect the development opportunity provide to you, your department, and/or Westminster College as a whole.
The Staff Professional Development Fund is not intended to fund academic tuition, annual certifications or membership fees. Based on the current focus of our funds, travel expenses will not be included in award amounts.
- Staff can request funds for low-cost development opportunities. Staff council will award partial or total amount depending on amount requested, typically in the range of $50 to $500.
- Staff are eligible to receive one award every 2 years.
Application and Award Approval Process
- Complete the Staff Professional Development Fund Application. Applications must be submitted according to the deadlines listed above.
- Have your supervisor complete the Supervisor Comments form.
- Staff Council will consider each eligible request.
- Approval will be communicated within 7 business days after the deadline.
- Upon approval, awardee will receive instructions on how to charge expenses and information on a follow-up summary. It is the employee's responsibility to complete event registration.
If you have any questions, please contact Staff Council at email@example.com