School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Westminster's Master of Public Health (MPH) program prepares students for a variety of careers in public health through rigorous course work, research opportunities, and real world practical experiences. Students graduate from the program with a solid base in both theory and practice.
Who It's For
The Master of Public Health (MPH) program is designed for working healthcare professionals who have a commitment to acquire the knowledge and skills that will help them advance to leadership positions. Students come from a variety of careers such as health departments, hospitals, integrated health delivery systems, HMOs, group practices, government agencies, and nongovernmental organizations.
- A personalized education. Our small class sizes allow our experienced faculty to offer mentorship in and outside of the classroom.
- Well-rounded faculty in both research and practice. The diverse qualities of our staff help us understand your career goals and the best approach to tailor your education towards those goals.
- A schedule that works for you. Our work-friendly schedule offers all required courses every other weekend (Friday/Saturday) and elective courses in the evenings.
- Career placement. Westminster MPH students have a high success rate in job placement.This is due in part to the high caliber of students we attract as well as the faculty mentorship and professional networking opportunities provided by Westminster
- Leadership and practical skills. This will help you apply your knowledge to situations that range from social issues to highly technical problems.
- The Capstone Research Project. Enables students to be innovative and analytical regarding a selected local, national, or global public health issue.
How Long it Takes
The MPH generally takes two years to complete.
Accreditation Employers Trust
Westminster College's MPH program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). Graduates of CEPH-accredited schools and programs of public health are equipped with the population health skills to address the world's most pressing health issues. The MPH degree is recognized internationally for the public health professional.