Why Study Nursing at Westminster?
As a Westminster nursing and health science student, you'll find our unique environment for learning adds extra value to every aspect of your program. You'll be uniquely prepared to succeed in nursing, one of the nation's top profession in terms of predicted job growth, or public health, one of the most diverse and dynamic fields. You can work to improve the health care by being a Registrered Nurse, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Anesthetist, or public health professional.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
(Areas of study include pediatrics, critical care, obstetrics, community health, gerontology, psychiatric, medical/surgical, and leadership.)
- RN-to-BS in Nursing Track
- Bachelor of Public Health
Graduate Degree Programs
- Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia (only such program in the Intermountain West)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Public Health
Graduate Certificate Programs
- Public Health
- Family Nurse Practitioner
Reputation Employers Trust
- USNEWS & World Report consistently ranks Westminster in the top tier of colleges and universities in the West.
- Our nursing graduates have outstanding NCLEX pass rates and are in high demand in diverse health care settings.
- In addition, our program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- The Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia (MSNA) program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Nurse Anesthesia Programs.
- The Master of Public Health (MPH) program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
- We have an outstanding pass rate on certification exams by nurse anesthesia and family nurse practitioner students.
The broad-based, liberal arts courses that every Westminster student takes are of particular value to nursing and public health students. The more you know, the better you can relate to all kinds of people. And you'll develop the excellent communication skills crucial for success in all aspects of life.
The School of Nursing and Health Sciences is housed in Westminster's new and impressive Dolores Dore Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center. Our state-of-the-art educational facilities include teaching/learning laboratories that reflect real world work environments:
- Adult and pediatric human simulation laboratories
- Computer laboratory
- Mock hospital nursing skills and health assessment laboratories
- Media-rich classrooms
You also have instant access to the wide range of health, wellness, and recreational resources located in our building, including a pool, running, track, two gyms, basketball, and racquetball courts, as well as cardiac workout, weight training, and aerobics facilities.
Experience Employers Seek
Your program includes clinical experiences in leading health care delivery systems, hospitals, clinics, and community settings. You have multiple opportunities to use the latest technology and equipment in state-of-the-art facilities.
Plus, in addition to Westminster's college-wide international experiences, you also have special options to participate in an international nursing student exchange offered through Payap University, McCormick School of Nursing in Thailand and international service-learning experiences through public health.