The Start Center provides a student-centered, intentional and collaborative partnership with undergraduates. This partnership is one in which we work together to develop and empower students' intellectual, educational and personal growth.
- Academic advising for students with fewer than 60 credit hours (Junior standing) who have not officially declared a major
- Peer Tutoring
- Accuplacer Math Placement exams (by appointment only)
- Appointments are scheduled for 30–60 minutes and will be scheduled for the next available opening
- Make an appointment by calling 801.832.2280
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call to cancel or reschedule as early as possible.
- Prepare for the meeting
- Bring written questions/issues you plan to discuss with the advisor
- Review and bring your degree audit to your appointment
- If you need assistance with schedule planning or course selection, bring a draft schedule or a list of courses you're considering.
- Arrive a few minutes early and check in at the front desk
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for an appointment, you may be asked to reschedule.
Drop by the Start Center at any time to ask questions or get referrals to other services. If your question takes more than 15 minutes, an appointment may be required.
- Monday–Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.