Explore Career and Job Options
Whether you are unsure about which direction your career path will take, want to confirm a career decision you have already made, or anywhere in between, the Career Center can help. We have resources available to you that can provide:
- A place to start:We have tools to help you identify your interests, strengths, and values.
- A direction to head in: Explore what academic major and career paths might be the best fit for you.
- A plan of action: We can help clarify the steps to prepare you for a career, evaluate choices, and research additional options.
- A way to navigate: We offer one-on-one coaching for your chosen academic and professional career.
Career Assessments Offered by the Career Center
Job Search Websites
General Search Engines
- Handshake: Handshake is a place where students, career centers, and recruiters come to meet, talk, and share opportunities.
- LinkedIn Jobs: LinkedIn allows you to harness the power of your network to uncover insights, like whom you know at a company, providing you an edge in your job search.
- Indeed: Indeed pulls job postings from multiple sites, including company web pages, jobs.utah.gov, Craigslist, KSL, and more, to make your job search easier.
- Glassdoor: Glassdoor provides an insider's look at jobs and companies, even sharing interview questions and salaries. You should first establish a free account (email rather than Facebook seems to work better).
- KSL: KSL allows you to search for local job opportunities.
- SimplyHired: Simply Hired is a vertical search engine company based in Silicon Valley with the goal of building the largest online database of jobs on the planet. Their want to make finding your next job a simple, effective, and enjoyable journey.
Utah, Government, and Nonprofit Search Engines
- Utah's Department of Workforce Services: You can register to look for a job in Utah, schedule a workshop, get information on job fairs, and more with Utah's Department of Workforce Services.
- Utah Nonprofits Association: Check out Utah Nonprofits Association's job board and membership directory to see what nonprofit jobs are available.
- Idealist: Idealist list jobs, volunteer opportunities, and internships in the nonprofit sector.
- Utah Hospitality Jobs: Utah Hospitality Jobs lists jobs with hotels, resorts, and transportation companies in Utah.
- American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE): The American Association of Airport Executives is a good site for job-seeking aviation students.
- The Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA): ACI-NA has a job listing page which includes internships.
- Airport Consultants Council (ACC): The Airport Consultants Council's listings can help you can find nation-wide internship opportunities.
International Internship Sites
- Transitions Abroad: Transitions Abroad provides a good overview of interning abroad.
- Going Global: Going Global allows you to search by country for internships and jobs overseas.
- Foundation for Sustainable Development: The Foundation for Sustainable Development achieves community-driven goals through asset-based development, international exchange, and internships in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
- U.S. State Department Student Programs: The U.S. State Department offers student internships in embassies overseas and in Washington, D.C..
- GoAbroad: GoAbroad offers lists of internship programs abroad.
- CIS Abroad: CIS Abroad offers you the chance to work overseas for a month to a year, customizing each internship to your personal and professional goals. You can work in tropical rain forests, market products in fashion design, or guide tourists through museums.
- International Studies Abroad (ISA): ISA offers both internships and community-engaged learning, and aims to help students find a different kind of experience abroad.
- Help International: Help International was designed to empower people to fight global poverty through sustainable, life-changing development programs, volunteer opportunities, and internships.