Griffin GearUp is a program for admitted first-year students held prior to New Student Orientation. At Griffin GearUp, you'll meet with an academic advisor, register for classes, learn about financial aid, explore your own leadership development, and meet fellow first-year students.
All 2021 Griffin GearUp programs will be virtual. All first-year students need to attend a Griffin GearUp event to register for Fall Semester classes.
Keep an eye out for an email with more information in the weeks leading up to your Griffin GearUp program. For general questions or concerns, contact Student Involvement and Orientation at 801.832.2242.
Part 1: Griffin GearUp Canvas Module
Once you register for Griffin GearUp, you will receive a confirmation email with what to expect leading up to the program. Two weeks prior to Griffin GearUp, you will receive an email with instructions about how to access the pre-Griffin GearUp Canvas modules. These modules will introduce you to navigating important systems and processes at Westminster College. You must complete your Canvas modules before joining the virtual Griffin GearUp.
Part 2: Virtual Griffin GearUp
- Student “check-in”
- Welcome from the Griffin Orientation Team
- Breakout Session (rotations, with breaks included)
- Registration and scheduling appointment
- Financial aid, advising, and payment set-up
- Meet your peers in small groups with an orientation leader
- Integrated Wellness (Part 1)
- Program closing and next steps
- Answer any final questions or concerns
- Complete program assessment
Upcoming Griffin GearUps
The Griffin GearUp program dates listed below are for new, incoming, first-year students who are starting at Westminster in the Fall 2021 Semester. Students can only register for one Griffin GearUp program.