Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Office of Residence Life will be housing residents at standard capacity for Fall 2021. Therefore, Westminster is taking several precautions to ensure the health of residential students:
- All students must prove their COVID-19 vaccination status before moving into campus housing. You will receive a form for this in early August.
- Unvaccinated residents must complete a COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Antigen FIA test or PCR test within 120 hours prior to arrival. You must upload your test results to the COVID-19 Test Form. You will not be able to move in or receive keys without completing the form and submitting your results.
- Unvaccinated residents must be routinely tested for COVID-19 throughout the semester. Student Health Services will perform testing.
- Students living on campus can expect housekeeping to continue to clean with CDC protocols in mind.
- Quarantine housing space will be available on campus for residents who do contract COVID-19.
- Westminster’s guest policy for Fall Semester is limited to Westminster community members only. The college hopes to be able to lift all guest restrictions by Spring Semester within CDC protocols.
About Residence Life
Living on campus is about more than just a place to live. It gives you a community: people to study with, join your late-night Netflix binges, and explore with. People who will be there to help you—and commiserate—when you realize that you forgot to buy toilet paper, groceries, or that book you really need for your 8:00 a.m. class. And, of course, it’s also somewhere to store all those books and sleep off all-night cram sessions.
Campus Residency Requirement
The Westminster first- and second-year living experience is designed to provide students with the best possible college experience. On-campus living has many benefits, from higher academic performance—thanks to easy access to professors—to a greater sense of community and a smoother transition to college life.
The Importance of Living on Campus
Join the Westminster family. When you make Westminster your new home, you become a member of the Westminster family. You'll dine with your fellow Griffins in Shaw, grab a coffee in Bassis, and have quick access to enjoy on-campus events like casino nights and visiting food trucks, or explore new ideas from the renowned artists, authors, performers, and lecturers who regularly visit campus.
Take advantage of proximity. The beauty of Westminster's small campus is that everything is within easy walking distance: study with your classmates in the library for a group project, take a fitness class in HWAC, or stop by your professor's office to get quick help on a homework question. Leaving campus is just as easy. Use your student ID to "tap on" the public bus—it's free to Westminster students. Plus, Westminster’s location in vibrant Sugar House means that great coffee, food, and outdoor spaces are only a five-minute walk away.
Take in your newfound independence. Everyone looks forward to living away from home. You get to decide what you want for dinner or how late to go to bed—as long as you are considerate to your roommates. Every student knows that having a roommate is big part of the college experience, teaching you to set aside your differences and giving you a built-in buddy for impulsive ice cream runs.
Enjoy additional perks. No monthly bills! Campus housing includes utilities and internet—and all the furniture you need is already in your room.
Campus Housing Handbook
“What I thought would have been my biggest distraction became what I renewed and energized me most. I couldn't have finished my first year of college without it.”