Participating in the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) gives you the opportunity to receive college credit for knowledge in a specific area. The Westminster College Testing Center offers proctoring for these CLEP exams:
- American Government
- American Literature
- Analyzing/Interpreting Literature
- Calculus with Elementary Functions
- College Algebra
- College French I
- College French II
- College German I
- College German II
- College Mathematics
- College Spanish I
- College Spanish II
- English Literature
- Financial Accounting
- General Biology
- General Chemistry
- History of the United States I: to 1877
- History of the United States II: 1865–present
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Natural Science
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Western Civilization I: to 1648
- Western Civilization II: 1648–present
- You may earn a maximum of 40 credits though examinations and a maximum of 88 credits overall from external sources (e.g., transfer and examinations) and they should be applied before you reach senior status. You may not receive additional credit from exams if the credit has already been received through coursework. If you have any concerns about how the credits earned from the CLEP will impact your degree at Westminster, you should meet with your faculty advisor or the graduation coordinator in the Registrar’s Office before registering for any exams.
- Go to the College Board website.
- Log in with your existing College Board account or create a new account by clicking the blue “Create an Account” button under “Sign Up.”
- Enter your registration information and indicate the test you plan to take.
- Request Westminster College as your testing site.
- Pay the $87 portion of the full test fee.
- While registering, you'll have the option to purchase study materials. Alternatively, you can obtain free CLEP study materials from the Testing Center.
- Upon registering, you will receive an exam registration ticket. Save the exam ticket—you must bring it to your testing appointment.
- Pay $25 of the test fee at the Cashier’s Window in Bamberger Hall.
- Schedule an appointment with the Testing Center by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 801.832.2116. You must provide three days/times you can take the exam. You must choose two-hour windows during the center's CLEP exam hours.
Fall Semester 2020: Monday–Friday, by appointment only.