Student Health Services
Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Student Health Services is open May 3–June 4 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. If you are experiencing any symptoms related to coronavirus, you must call 801.832.2239 before arriving.
Book and manage appointments online. Testing will be available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 9:30–11:30 a.m. Do not schedule an appointment online if you are having symptoms; call Student Health Services at 801.832.2241. If you miss a scheduled appointment (without a cancelation up to 24 hours before test), you will be charged $40.
For questions, call Student Health Services at 801.832.2241 or 801.832.2239. Make sure to leave your name and phone number and someone will return your call within 24 hours. You can also email questions to email@example.com.
The test itself will take approximately 20 minutes. You must print out test forms and complete them before you arrive at Student Health Services for your testing appointment. Additionally, all students must download the NAVICA app to their smartphone. This is where results will be sent.
Intake Form for COVID Testing
Student Health Services has moved to an online form. No more paper forms will be required. Once you have made your appointment, complete your online intake form. Do not schedule an appointment online if you are having symptoms or have been exposed; call Student Health Services at 801.832.2241.
After you get tested you must practice quarantine like behaviors—stay home; avoid public places; when leaving home for essential duties, keep physical distance (6 feet away from people) and wear a mask.
About Student Health Services
Student Health Services (SHS) is quick, convenient, and affordable access to medical care provided by a Family Nurse Practitioner who can diagnose and treat common health problems. SHS is not a full service clinic and will refer the student if the clinic is unable to provide the appropriate care.
- An office visit co-pay is $15. An average visit will cost between $15–$35. Additional costs are dependent on services rendered. Payment is due at the time of service with cash, check or credit/debit card.
- SHS does not accept health insurance. We are a cash pay service only. Utilizing a cash pay system helps to keep our costs low and affordable. If a student prefers to utilize their health insurance benefits, please refer to the After Hour Care/Local Resources tab to find a nearby provider.
- SHS services are available to current Westminster College students only. Make sure to bring your student ID card with you to your appointment, as this expedites the check out process.
If you are experiencing any symptoms related to coronavirus, you must call 801.832.2239 before arriving.
Fall and Spring Semester Hours
Appointments are recommended, but walk-ins are welcome and will be seen after scheduled appointments. The clinic follows the academic calendar.
- Monday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
May Term (First 4 Weeks of Summer Term) Hours
May 3–June 4
- Monday: 9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
After May Term (First 4 Weeks of Summer Term)
After-Hour Care/Local Health Resources
Student Health Services has provided a number of local health resources you can access for after-hour care and other needs.
Student Health Services is located in the lower level of the Shaw Center.
- Basic procedures
- Family Planning
Contact (Non-urgent Messages Only)
For an appointment call 801.832.2239. Leave a message if the clinic is not open and your call will be returned. Do not leave any urgent messages. If you need immediate medical attention please follow up with your local provider or any of the resources in the After Hour Care section of this website.
- Appointments are preferred to minimize wait time and ensure sufficient time to meet each student's needs.
- Appointments are typically 15–30 minutes in length depending on the needs of the student. Please specify what you need to be seen for when you make an appointment, so that the receptionist can schedule accordingly.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late to your scheduled appointment, you may need to re-schedule.
Walk-ins are also welcome and will be accommodated into the next available appointment.
Please bring your student ID card and a method of payment to your appointment. Payment is expected at the time of service.
If you are a new patient (or have not done so before) you will be asked to fill out a patient history form. The history is vital to ensure that you receive the appropriate medical care. Additional forms may be given to the student to complete as needed.
Please print and fill out the necessary forms before your scheduled appointment.