Bachelor of Arts
School of Arts and Sciences
A blend of communication and business will position you for a well-rounded career in the arts. While you broaden your understanding of how arts organizations function, you will also develop the practical skills you need to be successful in the field. Arts administration means exploring the behind-the-scenes logistics of the arts in a meaningful way. At Westminster, you will acquire the tools you need to become a leader in this field.
Who It's For
Arts administration is ideal for students who want to combine their love for arts with the practical skills to manage arts organizations. Learn about the administrative competencies needed in arts organizations by completing the numerous volunteering and internship opportunities our program has to offer. You will transform your creative mindset and problem-solving skills into real-life work experiences with the help of Westminster’s arts administration degree.
- The interdisciplinary component that characterizes our program will allow you to make connections across fields of study to find innovative solutions.
- Our small class sizes will give you the opportunity to work one-on-one with professors in tailoring your education to your personal needs and interests.
- Specialize in a specific art within your degree with the accompanying minor requirement.
About the Program
Westminster offers a BA degree for students who want to become leaders of arts administration. You will use professional business concepts to manage the multiple levels of logistics needed to manage everything from a small art gallery to a regional theatre. Through teamwork and communication, you will learn how to administer both the financial and creative components of an arts organization.
What You'll Learn
- Develop the administrative, writing, and editing skills necessary for a variety of careers in the arts community.
- Develop the ability to effectively present skills, interests, accomplishments, and abilities to prospective employers or clients.
- Demonstrate the attitudes, skills, and techniques essential to working as a team member and/or leader.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of business practices.
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals of nonprofit organizations.
- Gain hands-on business experience with professionals from multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrate fluency and competency regarding the use of digital media.
- Understand how to harvest the power of the arts to create community.
Plan of Study
Arts administration requires you to take a range of business and communication courses to make sure you are getting the most out of your degree. You will further pursue your areas of interest through accounting, communication, management, marketing electives, and a minor of your choice.
Liberal Education Courses
Experience business communication, development, analysis, and decision-making in a classroom environment that simulates real-world scenarios. This course introduces you to effective communication in business and other organizational settings.
Principles of Public Relations
This class presents methods for establishing and maintaining communication between an organization and its public. Learn about strategic planning, writing and editing, research procedures, and more.
Business Law and Ethics
Discuss current legal problems confronting businesses and the legal considerations behind them. This course will introduce you to the US legal system at the same time you explore the ethical implications of business decisions and how to make them.
Want to learn more about the Arts Administration program?
A dedicated admissions counselor will reach out to you with personalized information to help with your search for the right program.Request More Info
- Community arts coordinator
- Digital content producer
- Donor relations manager
- Event planner
- Exhibition planner
- Festival director
- Marketing director
- Nonprofit executive director
- Public relations director
- Tour manager
Tuition and Aid
There's No Better Investment Than You
Westminster College knows you want an education where you matter—a place that will serve as a launchpad for a successful career and a meaningful life. Westminster will work with you individually through every step of the financial aid process. From scholarships to grants and loans, Westminster helps you make it happen.
With the highest percentage of students who complete one or more internships in the state, Westminster students hit the ground running with real-world experience. Plus, 90% of students were either employed or attending graduate school within 5 months of graduating. With a Westminster degree, you don't have to choose between a successful career and a fulfilling life.
You’ll be automatically considered for scholarship and grant opportunities.
In addition to general merit scholarships, there are other scholarship programs to support you throughout your time at Westminster.Check Out Scholarships