About the Program
What You'll Learn
The Aviation Management program integrates business classes in law, finance, management, and marketing. It also features specialized courses in aviation law, operations, and management.
The aviation management option is well-suited for the student who wants to combine his or her interest in aviation with a solid background and experience in business studies. Some of our aviation management students decide to also earn pilot ratings so they can fly; others decide to focus completely on the business aspects of aviation.
Aviation Management program students demonstrate skills and knowledge relative to each of these areas:
- Attributes of an aviation professional
- Career planning
- Aircraft design, performance, operating characteristics, and maintenance
- Aviation safety and human factors
- National and international aviation law, regulations, and labor issues
- Airports, airspace, and air traffic control
- Meteorology and environmental issues