All incoming Dance program majors (including transfer students) can audition for a talent-based Dance program scholarship. The audition is for scholarship consideration only and does not affect entering the program as a bachelor of arts student. Scholarships apply for up to 4 years.
You must meet the following criteria each year for continued scholarship eligibility:
- Declared as a dance major
- Complete 20 scholarship hours per year through program service/production hours
- Participate in select dance classes
- Participate in select dance auditions and performances
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA and consistent classroom participation
- Demonstrate professionalism and collegiality
- Adhere to all policies in the Dance program student handbook
For questions about Dance program scholarships and the audition process, email Meghan Wall, Dance program chair, at email@example.com.
1. Apply to Westminster
Before you can audition, you must submit an application for admission to Westminster. If you are interested in being considered for a performing arts scholarship, be sure to select “Yes” on the application when asked. If you have already submitted your application for admission and did not indicate that you would like to audition for a performing arts scholarship, contact your admissions counselor or email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Once you've submitted your Westminster application, complete the performing arts audition form that will appear in your application checklist. You will be able to schedule an in-person audition or submit a virtual audition portfolio through your application portal.
In-Person Audition Dates
- November 21, 2020
- January 30, 2021
- February 13, 2021
- February 27, 2021
What to Expect
Auditions will include:
- Master dance class incorporating contemporary/modern, ballet and vernacular dance techniques taught by Westminster dance faculty
- Improvisational prompts/responses
- Self-choreographed solo performances (2-3 minutes)
- Brief interview with Westminster dance faculty
- Campus tour hosted by admissions (in-person or virtual)