All incoming Dance program students (including transfer students) can audition for a needs-based Dance program scholarship. The audition is for scholarship consideration only and does not affect entering the program as a bachelor of arts student. Scholarships apply for up to 4 years.
You must meet the following criteria each year for continued scholarship eligibility:
- Actively participate in the Dance program as a major or as part of a custom major
- Complete 20 scholarship hours per year through program service/production hours
- Participate in select dance auditions and performances
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA and consistent classroom participation
- Demonstrate professionalism and collegiality
- Adhere to all policies in the Dance program student handbook
For questions about Dance program scholarships and the audition process, email Meghan Wall, Dance program chair, at email@example.com.
1. Apply to Westminster
Before you can audition, you must submit an application for admission to Westminster. If you are interested in being considered for a performing arts scholarship, be sure to select “Yes” on the application when asked. If you have already submitted your application for admission and did not indicate that you would like to audition for a performing arts scholarship, contact your admissions counselor or email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Once you've submitted your Westminster application, complete the performing arts audition form that will appear in your application checklist. You will be able to schedule an in-person audition or submit a virtual audition portfolio through your application portal.
- Nov. 19, 2022
- Jan. 28, 2023
- Feb. 11, 2023
- Feb. 25, 2023
What to Expect
In-person auditions will include:
- Master dance class incorporating contemporary/modern, ballet, and vernacular dance techniques taught by faculty of the Dance program
- Improvisational prompts/responses
- Self-choreographed solo performances (2–3 minutes)
- Brief interview with faculty of the Dance program
- Campus tour hosted by the Office of Admissions
Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis and reviewed between November 19, 2022, and February 25, 2023, in alignment with the in-person audition dates.
What to Expect
Virtual auditions will include:
- Submission of 2–3 minutes of recorded dancing that showcases you and your preferred dance style in performance. If you do not have a current video example, you may submit material taken within the last 2–3 years. Existing pre-recorded performances, informal samples, or class examples are also acceptable.
- Brief interview with faculty of the Dance program scheduled to accommodate your availability
- Virtual campus tour hosted by the Office of Admissions