Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science
Bill and Vieve Gore School of Business
The Finance major will enable you to develop solutions to complex financial problems and advise firms in maximizing their value. You will use financial theories, practices, analytical tools, and models for making critical decisions and develop an ethical awareness of global financial markets.
- Unique combination of theory and practice: The theoretical and practical aspects of finance are integrated to provide students with critical thinking skills and analytical tools as a foundation for life-long learning. Instructors within the program have real world professional experience and credentials combined with their academic qualifications.
- Center for Financial Wellness: Students can get involved with a variety of the center's programs that work to improve the community’s financial wellbeing.
- D.A. Davidson Fund: Westminster participates in a regional college investment portfolio challenge sponsored by D.A. Davidson. Each college is given $50,000 to invest over the course of the school year. Students learn how to do investment research and portfolio management as they make real stock transactions with actual dollars.
- Quality of Education: The combination of small class sizes, personal attention, instruction quality, professor accessibility, real world applications, and sophisticated analytical tools will maximize your educational experience and will prepare you a career in finance or graduate school.
- Courses offering breadth and depth: Westminster's new finance major includes an expanded course offering to give students more options and flexibility in customizing their finance education. Course offerings include: Business Finance, Investment and Analysis, Corporate Finance, Financial Institutions and Industrial Banking, Personal Financial Planning and Insurance, Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits, Securities Regulations and Trading, Financial Derivatives, Investment Strategies and Applications, International Finance, Business Forecasting, and Strategic Financial Management and Entrepreneurship
- Practice/experience courses: Students are required to complete an internship or equivalent practical business experience as part their education.
Accreditation Employers Trust
The Bill and Vieve Gore School of Business is nationally accredited by the Association of College Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
About the Program
What You'll Learn
Students completing a bachelor of science degree in finance should:
- Explain the firm’s financial structure and the role of finance in maximizing a firm’s value
- Use financial theories, practices, analytical tools, and models for making critical decisions
- Develop solutions to complex financial problems
- Communicate complex financial concepts, analyses, strategies, and decisions
- Develop ethical awareness
Plan of Study
Liberal Education Courses
The Finance Major is particularly well suited for careers in corporate finance, international finance, new venture financing, investment research and portfolio management, banking, financial consulting, or business financial planning. In addition, a Finance Major is an excellent option for students interested in pursuing an MBA or law degree.
Tuition and Aid
There's No Better Investment Than You
Westminster College knows you want an education where you matter—a place that will serve as a launchpad for a successful career and a meaningful life. Westminster will work with you individually through every step of the financial aid process. From scholarships to grants and loans, Westminster helps you make it happen.
With the highest percentage of students who complete one or more internships in the state, Westminster students hit the ground running with real-world experience. Plus, 90% of students were either employed or attending graduate school within 5 months of graduating. With a Westminster degree, you don't have to choose between a successful career and a fulfilling life.
You’ll be automatically considered for scholarship and grant opportunities.
In addition to general merit scholarships, other scholarship programs are available to support you throughout your time at Westminster.Check Out Scholarships