12. Dolores Doré Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center
The Dolores Doré Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center is a three-story, 84,500 square foot facility home to the Fitness, Wellness, and
Recreation Department; Intercollegiate Athletic Department; and the School of Nursing and Health Sciences. The center is filled with educational programs
and opportunities for students, faculty, staff, and alumni to positively impact their health and well-being. Whether one is attending an athletic events,
engaged in academic classes, or participating in activities to improve their personal fitness, the Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center serves as a
campus-wide community learning center.
The third floor of the facility contains the Center for Nursing Education, home to the School of Nursing and Health Sciences. In addition to standard
nursing school facilities, the center contains two technology-rich labs and a human simulator lab with life-like Laerdal SimBaby and SimMan, known as
"high-fidelity, universal patient simulators." The simulators help students learn under real-world conditions, but within a learning environment.
- Accessible Entrances: west, south
- Accessible restrooms: all levels
- Automatic doors: west, south
- Elevator(s)/Lifts(s): one, accessible from south entrance. Elevator leads to the St. Westminster School of Nursing on the upper level.
- To gain access to the Dolores Doré Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center from the parking garage to either level of the center, use
the phone located outside the south doors on level 1 to call the reception desk for entrance. A Key Fob Request can also be made at the reception desk
(south entrance) or through the Disability Services Program in Carleson Hall. Requests will take about five business days. The Key Fob will grant
access through the outer doors from the parking garage, then use the elevator to access the main level of the Dolores Doré Eccles Health,
Wellness, and Athletic Center or call the reception desk on the phone next to the inner doors and the reception desk will open the inner doors to
grant access to the lower level fitness area. If entering through the lower level, the reception attendant will ask for your name in order to do a
manual check in.
- Reception and strength and cardio attendants are available to give tours of the facility and show members how to use the equipment.
- The Weight Room has a Life Fitness Cable Motion Machine that can perform over 80 different exercises, most from a wheelchair. Free weights, Life
Fitness Selectorized equipment, cardio equipment, and the Sci Fit Pro 1000 (upper body cardio workout) are also available.
- The running track on the main level is accessible.
- The Aquatic Center (lower level) is equipped with a manual hydraulic chair lift to the hot tub and a water powered hydraulic chair lift to the
- The Multi-Purpose Court is accessible.
- Locker Rooms contain accessible toilets, showers, and lockers.
- First floor family dressing room is accessible and private
- Aquatic Center
- Athletic Director
- Climbing Wall
- Coaching Staff
- Dance Studio
- Field House
- Weight Room
- Student ID cards
- School of Nursing & Health Sciences